Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Sherwood121
Enthusiast - Level 1

The guide is horrible 

plaut
Enthusiast - Level 2

The recent update that restored chaptering and picture-in-picture is a step in the right direction (actually just back toward original functionality), but the pop-up info bar that appears any time you skip forward/backward is driving me crazy!  I know what show I'm watching.  At the very least, please, please, please add a setting that lets us control the duration of this abomination (including a setting of 0 sec), like the "Channel Info Bar Timeout".

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
GBTV-ONE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Another BUG:

Found a movie in the guide that had already started. Pressed INFO button to see more airings. Scrolled future airings to an airing on Nov 1st. Program information is clearly displayed in the airing Tab. Pressed INFO button again. Received a Message saying "Program Information not available" (top left) and "loading" (top right)- even though program information is clearly visible in that airing spot. Screen continues loading for a full 3 - 4 minutes than comes back with a message saying  program information not available, would you like to record this event for 1 hour or 2 hours.

I read in an earlier post that a revision is coming out at the end of the month. In the beginning, I thought this version might be salvageable. There are times when you can fix a failed release. This is not one of those times. This update is so badly broken, in so many places, it really should be rolled back. 

Some thoughts regarding future "enhancements".  Incorporate demographically representative customer surveys, focus groups, etc., to vet proposed changes, especially when REMOVING functionality. If you are not already doing it, figure out how to Beta test changes with real customers that represent the correct demographic distribution of the full customer base. Age and eyesight matter A LOT here. 

robgettier
Enthusiast - Level 3

89 pages of complaints.  Nice job Verizon.   It’s as if someone said let’s see how terrible we can make this and if we are successful making it pure dog doo foo, free donuts for a month. 

LongIslandFios
Enthusiast - Level 1

When will the 7.5 update be available for Long Island, NY?  Losing the Chaptering feature is a big setback.  New guide has lots of issues as well.

LittleGeorge
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, commands are slow, the color coding was a useful user experience, the info bar is too large and stays up too long. And, I hate the new “Last” button, I want to go quickly to the last channel without options or another click (OK) of a button.

DID YOU DO ANY UX RESEARCH BEFORE LAUNCHING THIS CRAPPY INTERFACE?..

scubaj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I can't see any change based on the screen shot provided.  Why not ditch the inane all black bars and return to some that everyone can quickly scan?  Does this change speed up the horribly slow response time?  I agree that these changes were made by kids with no human factors training.  To say I hate it is an understatement.  Why doesn't some VP at Verizon provide their phone number for personally delivered- answer: no one at Verizon cares.  Time to ditch Fios TV.

os interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
scubaj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

you cant stop arterial bleeding with a band aid and thats all this latest fix to the horrid mess created by Verizon.  Id love to see the age group that this change was a good idea.

scubaj1
Enthusiast - Level 2

what does this mean in plain English?

0 Likes
AES11
Enthusiast - Level 1

This update is HORRIBLE!!!! Changing the channel now becomes unbelievably frustrating because 90% of the time the channel selection from the remote drops at least 1 number of not more.  The "last" function is now also a huge pain because it doesn't just go to the last channel but brings up a whole banner of channels which no one needs.  

I thought updates were supposed is improve customers' experience not increase frustration.  Really considering going completely with the Fire stick.  It cheaper and much more responsive.

Bad move Verizon!