Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Fiosuser1234
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree.

0 Likes
Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Scott804
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey Nilsa, 

When is this change coming to Richmond, VA?  I didn't see us on that schedule unless MA was a typo. 

0 Likes
Really01
Enthusiast - Level 1

Try: last button-menu>settings>system>television>last watch rail>disable

radiosilence
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon -

Thanks for making a few changes. But, based on your new screenshot, you're still missing the issue that's underlying the worst problem, that of response time. It's the graphics. You've loaded up the guide with so many movie posters and channel logos - useless, because they're all too small to see - that the system can't respond fast enough.

You had a guide that was perfectly satisfactory - color-coded, fast, easy to read and use - and scrapped it for one that's ugly, unhelpful, and slow. I suggest you revert to that previous system and, if you insist on any further "improvements," let someone with some actual experience in user interface work on it.

Fios recent update
sububanmom
Enthusiast - Level 1

1. No program chaptering

2.  Guide is now black & white

3.  When you press guide while watching a recorded program and scroll, it stops the recording you're watching.

4.  When you press guide, you can no longer see Live Tv while scrolling.

I'm switching to another provider.

Re: Fios recent update
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@sububanmom wrote:

1. No program chaptering

2.  Guide is now black & white

3.  When you press guide while watching a recorded program and scroll, it stops the recording you're watching.

4.  When you press guide, you can no longer see Live Tv while scrolling.

I'm switching to another provider.

Look HERE!

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-TV-Technical-Assistance/Sept-2020-Fios-DVR-and-Guide-Update/td-p/...

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well after using it for the weekend, this Band Aid is just that.  While it addresses the PIP, a larger guide, and the crap at the bottom of the screen when changing channels, it is still slower and unresponsive as molasses on a winter's morning. 

You can't hold down the channel button to sweep through the guide. 

I still have issues with the favorite guide going to the first channel in the list when I'm on the last channel.

No color coding stinks.

Just rebuild the whole sibang to the way it was 4 weeks ago and you'll never hear from me again. 

Tyreeeejde
Enthusiast - Level 2

The new guide is terrible! I’ve been trying to deal with how inferior it is for the past three weeks, and I just cannot handle it.

Nothing is intuitive.  Some of the icons you can’t even read because the color interferes with the background of the guide. And some of the icons are so detailed and small that you can’t make out what the words are. This is on a 55” tv to boot.

I also hate how difficult it is to parse through all of the different channels. The color coding system is something I never realized I needed until now.

I just needed to vent Because every time I turn on the TV and press “guide”, I get {word filter avoidance}.

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
mfidelman1
Enthusiast - Level 2

So now, nothing is fixed, but the "last channel watched" function says "nothing here" - been doing that for a few days now.

0 Likes
Fanatic26
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everyone that this update is absolutely horrible!! Anything you do is so so so slow. It doesn't display the channel in the guide list. Please go back to the previous version!!