Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
Frommec
Enthusiast - Level 2

This does nothing to make it better! Please switch back to previous guide!

This new guide is unusable and even the remote buttons are really badly delayed...

you can see from pages of comments/complaints that the guide is awful to use!

nothing done since has made it any better at al...right now my dvr doesn’t even work!
please make actual real changes aka switch back to more of the previous guide!

Re: New Fios Guide
Jobu924
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed.  The new guide is total junk.  The picture behind the guide is barely visible.  The channel icons are no longer there except for the "TV" box on every channel.  The font is way too small.  When you press for more info, there is no using the back button to get back to the guide.  You end up having to exit the guide completely and start over.  With the old guide you could "back arrow" back to where you were in the guide.  Also, if you want to access the "upcoming shows" function to set the DVR none of the selections indicate which channel they're on without having to open each one.  And not having the current show playing in the top left corner is a giant step backwards.  Go back to the previous design!!

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Herbie66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Guide update is horrible.

I know there's another thread but that thread was labeled as solved which it's  not.

How can I roll back the update?

Or maybe they can have the option of the old or new guide.

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Herbie66 wrote:

Guide update is horrible.

I know there's another thread but that thread was labeled as solved which it's  not.

How can I roll back the update?

Or maybe they can have the option of the old or new guide.

Please read the solution marked at the beginning of this thread, it has information about a new Guide update which resolves some of the issues.  It's marked as a solution so it's at the top of the thread and not buried deep down in the thread.

The new update is being pushed to the last group of users right now.  According to the info posted by Verizon, by this time tomorrow, everyone should have it.

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hopefully this is only a band-aid because the fixes were not that great.  The whole guide is still slow and hardly operational.  They just need to really duplicate the old guide if it's a platform issue.

Watching TV again last night and the guide is just horrible for trying to navigate.  While PiP is back as well as chapter for DVR, the rest is still just so klunky.

Psihawk1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got the Oct update.   As others have posted.. its a patch.. Got PIP and chaptering.. Maybe they increased the size of the channel guide listing to make it slightly easier to read.   Still just a bad update and needs to be corrected.  What in this new guide do they try to tell us is better than the last one??

2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Let’s face it, just like “New Coke,” they are not going to admit they messed up. People could lose their jobs or be demoted. If we’re incredibly lucky, they will slowly bring back what we had under the guise of “new and improved.”  If not, people will watch less - it was Netflix for me last night because I didn’t want to stand 3 feet in front of my 65” TV to see what was on. And, when their contracts are up, they will change services. 

Verizon hopes we eventually stop complaining and just accept their mistake.  Nearly 1000 posts over the course of a month says otherwise. Which means they’re either indifferent to their customers or stupid.  

zSkylar1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Solved? I don’t think so. Number 1 rule of software programming - the code has to run efficiently and not slow down the hardware to a crawl. Was the update tested on the full complement of FIOS set top boxes? Do those users with the new “non display” boxes and mini boxes still have the non responsiveness? Maybe some users can chime in.

Verizon - please address the INFO button. When we press info the first press should have an info screen smaller and without the next program information. We hate the clutter. Do we really need to press info three times to get full program information? At least give us options in settings to configure the info button functionality. We could also use a setting option for number of lines shown on the guide - with less lines improving the size of the channel numbers so we can at least read them.

Jahumo
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m ready to switch...

Jahumo
Enthusiast - Level 2

The clutter and sluggishness is just too much...I’ve had it