Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
outerbanks1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Guide filter needs to stay where you pick from previous day!!

Also remote response is very annoying!!!!!

0 Likes
Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
jacks12
Enthusiast - Level 2

This update is horrible!  It was unnecessary.  The guide was fine prior to this update.  The lag time with doing anything (calling up the guide, switching back to last channel, calling up DVR, etc) is so frustrating....makes me want to throw the remote.  Honestly, if Xfinity were an option for us where we live, we’d switch now just because of this stupid update!!!!

Last Watch Rail Workaround
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager
We apologize for the inconvenience you are experiencing with the Last Watch Rail. 

Please use this workaround in the meantime:

Reboot the box or boxes on which the issue is seen to check if that fixes the problem. If it still appears bothersome or comes back, please disable the last watched rail. 

Access Menu>Settings>System>Television>Last Watched Rail to enable and disable the Last Watched Rail.

We are aware of the Last Watched Rail issue reported in this Community and we will have a fix in place with the next release. 

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
RickGold
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our feedback was basically to go back to what was there before because it worked. From chaptering in playback to the guide to the individual channel description displayed when first entering a new channel. 

This is especially bad: I click to go to a new channel and the information is basically just a title, sometime an abbreviated title. Its hard to tell if sports are 'live', what the movie might actually be about, etc. You need a little more information at channel entrance -- basically what used to be displayed. 

Most important:  what are you trying to solve for? What was missing in the old version? Were viewers complaining about something? Did someone complain about chaptering? Or is this just Verizon Fios trying to be hip and cool and give viewers something they didn't ask for or want? Please, fill all of us in because its a horrible experience STILL. 

RickGold
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh, and one more call-out:  the latency between key press and response is still terrible. It's not only slow but if you try to go through more than one or two channels it freezes up or just doesn't show all of the elements for each channel. Again, just a terrible interface that solves no real issue. 

For those reporting issues with lagging / slowness / sluggishnes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

If you are still experiencing lagging, slowness or sluggishness when interacting with the set top box after the latest update (APR 7.5), please elaborate on which specific functionality is exhibiting this behavior (ex. Navigating Menu/Guide/On Demand, channel surfing, DVR etc.)?

Please feel free to provide any additional details which will be useful and assist the development team as they further investigate.

Your feedback, cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
0 Likes
mikejm30
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since the update in Sept I am seeing an issue where after a program on the DVR finishes playing and it exits to live TV, it almost always exits to channel 594 CBS Sports Network HD. No matter what channel I am on, it will usually exit to 594. Before the update, it would exit to whatever channel I was already on. The 2nd recent update from a week or so ago did not fix this and it's still exiting to channel 594. 

I assume this is a bug. Please fix this or help me determine what I can do to change this irritating behavior. 

0 Likes
Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just please go back.  The band-aid isn't helping.  There is nothing that this update has improved and it broke just about everything.  The band-aid you released last week is like putting tape across a joint to hold steel together.  At this point TV is so frustrating to watch I'm find other things to do.  Maybe that's a good thing.  My contract expiration can't come soon enough.  I had to hold my nose while paying my bill this morning because it isn't worth it with the current state of the guide.

Everything has latency on the remote.

FIOS HAD THE BEST GUIDE OF ANYONE AND...
SUE110
Enthusiast - Level 2

Fios was the gold medal champ for guides and functionality.  

WHY DID YOU THROW IT AWAY?

WHY CANT WE HAVE IT BACK?

WHY DON'T YOU TELL US WHY??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Re: FIOS HAD THE BEST GUIDE OF ANYONE AND...
RG625
Enthusiast - Level 3

JUST ROLL IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How IN THE WORLD is this software update SO ADVANTAGEOUS to Verizon (and not it's customers) where they cannot just ROLL IT BACK? And save money from numerous band-aids at the same time.