Re: For those reporting issues with lagging / slowness / sluggishnes
F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

YES TO ALL OF THOSE!!!!!

0 Likes
LB310
Enthusiast - Level 2

The slowness is a problem but the functionality is horrible. When I’m watching a recorded show, I can no longer pull up the half screen guide (by hitting the down arrow) to view channels. I need to stop watching the recorded show, go to live tv and search that way. This whole release is a mess. Just roll it back and save yourselves time and money and the loss of customers. 

DVU
Enthusiast - Level 2

Slowness in guide and especially in On Demand to the point that On Demand is unusable.

ByteCrawler1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using numbers and channel surfing has been more responsive since APR 7.5. However, bringing up the guide, DVR, or especially OnDemand content is PAINFULLY slow. It can take up to 8 secs from initially hitting those buttons before it pops up on the screen.

Navigation still remains sluggish. Info bar still taking up way too much room. Bringing back colors would be nice.

Re: Recent Update Problems
TallGuyVA
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you are still experiencing lagging, slowness or sluggishness when interacting with the set top box after the latest update (APR 7.5), please elaborate on which specific functionality is exhibiting this behavior (ex. Navigating Menu/Guide/On Demand, channel surfing, DVR etc.)?

Please feel free to provide any additional details which will be useful and assist the development team as they further investigate.

Your feedback, cooperation and patience is greatly appreciated.

After the 7.5 upgrade, the response time for changing channels is marginally acceptable.  However, the response time for all other actions from the remote (calling up the guide, selecting Info, etc.) is measured in seconds -- sometimes up to 5.

Also, I'm still seeing only the "TV" logo on the guide for all channels.  That is totally unacceptable.

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
dohctorclark
Enthusiast - Level 1

In 2020, I have a cable box that takes five to ten seconds to switch channels and one to three seconds to pause or move forward or back 30 seconds. Absolutely absurd.

This level of slow response was literally the reason I switched from Cablevision to FiOS...BACK IN 2012!

When more and more people are quitting cable, moving to a slow and unresponsive interface is quite the terrible decision.

Kishavetgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

This upgrade is a complete and utter DOWNGRADE.

• All that information at the bottom of the screen after you watch a show (next show, delete button, etc) is COMPLETELY unnecessary and confusing.
  • All the remotes in the house now don't work for 1 reason or another; all the remotes, I have to press any button really hard for it to work. One remote won't allow me to use the Mute button (says "not available" when I press it). The other remote won't fast-forward or rewind. And none of them turn the tv off/on.

I don't understand why FIOS had to ruin a perfectly good thing. Watching tv should not be a hassle.

imlazar
Enthusiast - Level 3

Anyone else having the issue in which it just says "tv" in the guide next to channel numbers (rather than network names/icons?)

I've rebooted our two boxes and our G1100 router several times per instructions I've seen in earlier threads, but it is still just showing "tv"

Is there a fix?

thanks!

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update Navigation Issues
FIOSConfused
Enthusiast - Level 2

The leftmost column with the channel numbers has a generic TV icon for every channel instead of the channel-specific icon or name. Do you expect us to memorize the channel lineup? Particularly with the frequency you do lineup changes.
The next and previous buttons used to move the guide in 3-hour intervals. They no longer work, so you have to scroll forward and back through the guide a half-hour at a time.

As stated elsewhere, responsiveness is also an issue.

talby1027
Enthusiast - Level 2

Naturally Verizon would make unnecessary changes with this dumb guide.  We have the TV One boxes with the voice remote, and there is no "FIOS" button on it, which would allow you to go to live TV.  So I have to say "Go Live" into the remote and hope like hell it understands english.

I've fought with them to correct the FIOS Voice Mail feature on the settings menu, as that sometimes doesn't sync with accessing voice mails via other devices.

Someone at the top decided this change to the guide was necessary for the sole reason to **bleep** off customers.

All these problems will get fixed only when they hire someone who actually CARES about fixing them.  The guide is total trash!

TIme to look to Xfinity!