Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
SpartyCat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Solution is NOT solved. FIOS you're trying too hard. Your update added aggravation for the simplest pleasure. WHY does the LAST CHANNEL BAR JUST DISSAPPEAR? Why? Then you have to spend time trying to find your shows via the Guide or select Options to find some scraps. I HATE your update. And as someone said the Color Coding was useful. You managed to mess that up.

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@bfinacchio wrote:

Ehat is the significance of the 4883?

It was a potential fix I saw on the web. Supposed to clear one of the caches. Guess it is only occasionally successful.

PamelaRenee
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update Guide Menu is horrible - - talk about following the pack.  The old guide provided a great color coding for sports, movies, kids, etc.   I miss it greatly and the new menu makes me want to look for other service - - I know that sounds dramatic, but if I cannot easily search the guide, why have cable at all.  I find myself electing Netflix and Amazon instead of Verizon for what I want now.

MonforteSG
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's frustrating when you have something that's satisfactory which gets "improved " and ends up being worse and hard to use.  The new guide and menu is very difficult to read and, thus,  very difficult to navigate.   What was wrong with the old guide from Verizon's standpoint?

Bluespeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here's a little anecdote: A few years ago, after having been a Fios subscriber for 9 years, I switched over to Comcast, because my Fios bill had grown rather expensive and Comcast was offering new subscriber discounts that would save me money.  I didn't have any complaints with Fios' service whatsoever, it was a purely financial decision. But after a mere two weeks I dropped Comcast and returned to Fios. Why? Because I absolutely HATED Comcast's guide. I found it to be hideous and bloated and extremely less user-friendly than Fios'. I decided I could live with paying a little more money simply to have Fios' perfectly efficient and aesthetically pleasing,

color-coded guide back. So I returned to Fios and was very happy I did, all because of the guide.

Fast forward to today... Now Fios' guide is just as hideous, bloated and frustrating to use as Comcast's! Congratulations Verizon, you've managed to eliminate the single most outstanding feature that made using Fios a more enjoyable experience than using Comcast. Now that your guides are essentially just as crappy and unusable as each others', and because switching to Comcast will save me money, I have no reason to stay with you any longer. It was a good 11-year ride, but bye bye.

Re: Channel guide blank
delgrecs
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same!  This is so frustrating

Re: Channel guide blank
G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Christmas wish list for 2020:

1) Verizon ROLLS IT BACK

End of list

Re: Last Watch Rail Workaround
Kishavetgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

They need to just get rid of it. It's intrusive, a waste of time and space, and nobody wants it.

_m_
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is complete **bleep**.  This 'new' guide is awful.   It's nothing more than aa repackage of every terrible guide from 1980.

The ONLY acceptable solution is to fully implement all of the features of ALL of the previous, fabulous guides. Without the old guide system or features, NOTHING differentiates FiOS from any other equally terrible service, except possibly even more terrible customer service, and feeding us **bleep** about a 'new, improved' guide.

WHY shoudl I not simply cancel my service?

Betsy_Quilter
Enthusiast - Level 1

So now, instead of being able to browse my Chanel listing to pick out movies, I need to press Guide and click 8 more times to to to "Movies/Family" which only goes to a grouping of Chanel's which may or may not have movies in them. See picture:  Hogan's Heroes is not a movie.  And it does not include movie that may be shown on "non movie" channels.  This is not particularly useful.

I find the channel guide harder to read than the previous guide.  

On top of that, everything that happens is painfully slow.  "Last" was ruined in the prior update by adding multiple choices which on the surface seemed good, but it was soooo slow.  It's slightly faster now but still slow.  If I want to switch back and forth between channels (for example, keeping up with current events by watching two news channels) I miss large chunks of the events.  It's quicker but not easier to key in the channels manually each time.

The skip ahead and replay takes a second or two to react.  So I think it didn't take and hit it again.