Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
javajay
Enthusiast - Level 2

+ 1 re: - Slower response to any key press on my remote

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
javajay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any thoughts/feedback on the response of the guide? (taking seconds to respond to every button pressed on the remote, sometimes having to press a button multiple times)?

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Here's my thought. Verizon doesn't care a fig whether we like the Guide in it s present state. The company doesn't care if there are over a thousand complaints.  Most of their customers just suffer in silence and continue to pay their bills.

Miconsult
Enthusiast - Level 1

Let me pile on too. I gave the patch some time and am happy to see the picture in guide return. However, any action using channel change or last watched rail are excruciatingly slow. Pressing ok when watching a channel used to provide the current time. I now have to press the up arrow. I have the VMS4100 on a Samsung QLED QR65Q7DRAFXZA 4K TV so I shouldn't need a box upgrade or a TV upgrade. To me, this upgrade was poorly thought out and designed. While it's natural to resist change, this change has been a disaster from day one in Sept. and while improvements have been made, the code is so very slow, that it's a rather painful experience. Why is there ANY delay when using the remote?!?! 

Kishavetgirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

This "update" is absolutely ABSURD. So many extra unnecessary steps just to perform a quick action. The stupid channel rail after a show ends, the ridiculous "tutorial" that pops up ever so often. The fact that all 4 remotes in the house work differently: 1 remote won't turn the tv off/on, another remote's volume button only goes up and I have to use the television remote to turn it down. Pressing remote buttons over and over like a freaking idiot.

STILL NO CHANNEL LOGOS and CHANNEL NAMES ARE ABBREVIATED.
RG6251
Enthusiast - Level 3

PLEASE FIX THIS!! 

STILL NO CHANNEL LOGOS and most CHANNEL NAMES ARE TOO ABBREVIATED beyond recognition and the channel name font is too small to know what channel you are on. And it's SO SLOW!

BETTER YET, ROLL BACK THE SOFTWARE BACK AND WE'LL ALL BE HAPPY.

Why the resistance? WHY?

How can this terrible update be SO ADVANTAGEOUS to Verizon where it CANNOT be rolled back?

Aerostation
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can’t find any redeeming qualities in this firmware update.

The response times to buttons is abysmal, the functional flow of operations is very broken (eg. info button used to sequence back to the original display, especially troublesome in the middle of the guide).

The displays are cluttered and difficult to read, adding too much unnecessary info.

Hopefully Verizon undoes the damage before too many people find a better alternative.

JR441
Enthusiast - Level 2

There’s only one way to make them listen:

tv.youtube.com

0 Likes
GBTV-ONE
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update to losing place in Guide while scrolling and pressing INFO button:

If you have a FIOS TV One remote, pressing the <- button (next to the blue microphone button) will return you to the place in the guide you were at before the INFO button was pressed. Credit bfinacchio who suggested prev button, which works for the old remote.

0 Likes
bfinacchio
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hey thanks for the shout-out. 

0 Likes