Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
jhickey007
Enthusiast - Level 2

DEC 12, 2020

My fios STB/DVR updated and I now have:

1) up to 2 sec latency between pressing the remote button and the result. This makes you hit the button again. Sometimes it remembers how many times you pressed it. Sometimes it doesn't. By the time it's done, you don't know where you are.

2)Pressing LAST watched now takes 4 seconds.

3) While paused, using the JOG FWD and BACK (to see a good football catch), the new screen graphics obscure the video with the timeline, -/+.4sec, channel info, time, and a graphic of the remote buttons. If I'm trying to frame by frame, I want NONE of that! It's one of the great things about having a DVR!

4) While viewing GUIDE holding PAGE DOWN or UP use to work quickly and continuously instead of one page per one arrow down or up. 

5) Three or four times I've had to reset the STB because LAST WATCHED selections were incorrect, Stuck at some previous time.

Gentleman, when you add Thumbnail photos to every channel and nifty graphics to every menu, THINGS WILL SLOW DOWN. I agree with previous complaints. The last version of GUIDE, LAST WATCHED was fast and better. Leave well enough alone.

IRe: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

We are stuck with it. No amount of complaining from a few will force management to change. Most subscribers are just suffering in silence.

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
RG6251
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently this FIASCO of an update is more important to Verizon than it's customers.

Two BASIC business ethics still remain true (except with Verizon):

1. The customer is always right

2. Customers always come first.

So... HOW IN THE WORLD can this self-serving update be SO VALUABLE TO VERIZON where they cannot simply ROLL IT BACK??! 

PLEASE ANSWER!!  HOW??

Re: Where are the colors?
parsleyndill
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep.  The time lag between pressing remote buttons and getting a result is close to absurd.

But the lack of color coding for types of shows in the Guide means I just watch fewer and fewer programs on live TV.  Because I didn't see the listing, as all listings look exactly the same (between movies, series, news, sports, etc.)

They Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

They cannot be bothered.

Re: Where are the colors?
bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. They don't care about you or me. They know most people won't complain. Some people just take what they are served.

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!
YJ1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Every aspect of the update is SLOW and horrible. Clearly testing was not done on this. I hate it. It takes 10 mins to change a channel and even longer to go back to the last channel watched. Take us back to the time before this awful update!

NewtownGrant20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Do you have a timeline for the next release (after 7.5)?

0 Likes
bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

Not me. I'm as clueless as management! Ha ha

0 Likes
Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's been released in Western PA.  It really didn't do much of anything that I can tell.  Still slower than molasses in January and still horrible to read the guide.  If something improved it's buried.  

I've pretty much have given up on the guide ever being functional again.