Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update

SOLVED
joehickeyusa
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update

Message 1071 of 1,199
(1,025 Views)

DEC 12, 2020

My fios STB/DVR updated and I now have:

1) up to 2 sec latency between pressing the remote button and the result. This makes you hit the button again. Sometimes it remembers how many times you pressed it. Sometimes it doesn't. By the time it's done, you don't know where you are.

2)Pressing LAST watched now takes 4 seconds.

3) While paused, using the JOG FWD and BACK (to see a good football catch), the new screen graphics obscure the video with the timeline, -/+.4sec, channel info, time, and a graphic of the remote buttons. If I'm trying to frame by frame, I want NONE of that! It's one of the great things about having a DVR!

4) While viewing GUIDE holding PAGE DOWN or UP use to work quickly and continuously instead of one page per one arrow down or up. 

5) Three or four times I've had to reset the STB because LAST WATCHED selections were incorrect, Stuck at some previous time.

Gentleman, when you add Thumbnail photos to every channel and nifty graphics to every menu, THINGS WILL SLOW DOWN. I agree with previous complaints. The last version of GUIDE, LAST WATCHED was fast and better. Leave well enough alone.

bristollucy
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

IRe: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update

Message 1072 of 1,199
(1,020 Views)

We are stuck with it. No amount of complaining from a few will force management to change. Most subscribers are just suffering in silence.

RG6251
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update

Message 1073 of 1,199
(971 Views)

Apparently this FIASCO of an update is more important to Verizon than it's customers.

Two BASIC business ethics still remain true (except with Verizon):

1. The customer is always right

2. Customers always come first.

So... HOW IN THE WORLD can this self-serving update be SO VALUABLE TO VERIZON where they cannot simply ROLL IT BACK??! 

PLEASE ANSWER!!  HOW??

parsleyndill
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Where are the colors?

Message 1074 of 1,199
(914 Views)

Yep.  The time lag between pressing remote buttons and getting a result is close to absurd.

But the lack of color coding for types of shows in the Guide means I just watch fewer and fewer programs on live TV.  Because I didn't see the listing, as all listings look exactly the same (between movies, series, news, sports, etc.)

bristollucy
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

They Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update

Message 1075 of 1,199
(908 Views)

They cannot be bothered.

bristollucy
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Re: Where are the colors?

Message 1076 of 1,199
(905 Views)

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda. They don't care about you or me. They know most people won't complain. Some people just take what they are served.

YJ
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fios interface Changes Based On Your Feedback!

Message 1077 of 1,199
(873 Views)

Every aspect of the update is SLOW and horrible. Clearly testing was not done on this. I hate it. It takes 10 mins to change a channel and even longer to go back to the last channel watched. Take us back to the time before this awful update!

NewtownGrant20
Contributor
Contributor

Message 1078 of 1,199
(861 Views)

Do you have a timeline for the next release (after 7.5)?

bristollucy
Bronze Contributor I
Bronze Contributor I

Message 1079 of 1,199
(847 Views)

Not me. I'm as clueless as management! Ha ha

Southern2356
Nickel Contributor
Nickel Contributor

Message 1080 of 1,199
(797 Views)

It's been released in Western PA.  It really didn't do much of anything that I can tell.  Still slower than molasses in January and still horrible to read the guide.  If something improved it's buried.  

I've pretty much have given up on the guide ever being functional again.  

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title