Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
Joe624
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since 7.8 i've acquired a new symptom - when opening or flipping pages on the guide, occasionally there'll be a channel slot that doesn't fill in - just the channel # appears, but no further info. Exiting & restarting the guide refills the missing info.

Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

I held my nose and went to Fios One. It fixed the MOST annoying issues of lag. Colors are still missing and I am on 7.8. 

0 Likes
Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, I bit the bullet upgraded to Fios One. No lag time issues. The missing colors in the guide still makes me mad the OUR money was used to RUIN a perfectly good guide! I cannot believe there has been no response that I have seen from the VZ folks about fixing the entire system AND the colors!

Newguideconcern
Enthusiast - Level 3

I got the 7.8 update last week, but I had to go to system information to find out! I can’t see any improvements! And still no guide colors!

1970sTech
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back in Sept there was a new DVR software update pushed out to every STB. This release has had several hundred posts about how horrible it is. I won’t go into all the ways it is that I agree with them but to ask one thing:

How do you go almost 6 months without rolling out an update?

You need to fix how slow this system has become. It is so unusable that I don’t think I would ever have said this but you have basically convinced me to look at “cutting the cord” or simply using you as an internet feed. 

Given how long you have gone without doing anything other then making a few display tweaks it shows you don’t really care or understand how poor this product has become leading me to believe you don’t really care about this business or its customers. 

Have some dignity and fix this mess.

dukesmom1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I must agree with you. I've had verizon cable for years. It is so much better than "the other one." But you're right. Even the tech I spoke to recently had a bit of an attitude. They were never like that. Is it because so many people have Hulu and Roku? Are they pushing us out of cable? I wish they would fix the utterly useless guide they've sicced on us. It's just terrible.

Trlcker981
Enthusiast - Level 1

The DVR search feature doesn't even work anymore!  When you find the title it just takes you to On Demand instead of showing upcoming showtimes!!! 

F_PK
Enthusiast - Level 3

Switching to Fios One (at an increase cost of course) was the WHOLE purpose of this TERRIBLE update. Thanks Verizon!

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've pretty much given up that it will get any better.  Come August when my contract is up I will most likely be leaving.  Too bad I've been a customer in one form or another for over 20 years.

dbh31
Enthusiast - Level 2

Onto 2021 and no change for all the information displayed when one fast fowards  a DVR recording.   This is a terrible nuisance when watching sports games especially. Do we not know that the fast forward second speed is set on and have to be reminded continually along with the channel we are on, what we are watching , etc?  I have to hear my boyfriend complain each time.  Please save me and get rid of the display when fast forwarding!  thxs in advance.......???