Re: Sept 2020 Fios DVR and Guide Update
2poodles1
Enthusiast - Level 3

5 months.  Guide still terrible.  FIOS doesn’t care about customers or service.  Thankfully we will soon be moving and will be done with FIOS.  

G-S
Enthusiast - Level 3

Indeed.  Still terrible.

But what's much more annoying to me is the lag I still have.  With DVR and On Demand play, pause and play and forward and rewind require numerous button presses.  I feel like I have no control.

It is even worse for "live" TV.  Trying to pause live TV takes about 7 or 8 clicks of the pause button.

Beyond frustrating.

Avalanche01
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's just become a routine to reboot the boxes every couple of days. Whenever it gets to a 4-5 second lag; or any particular function stops working the reboot will bring it back to Verizon's new "normal" of 2-3 seconds. Woohoo.... and i only pay $300/month for this level of service. Time to explore other options.

Re: Solved to float for increased visibility on updates!
VG_fios_issues
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m still experiencing issues since this update. My remote now lags on all functions:  accessing DVR, loading shows on DVR, pushing to start a show on the DVR, accessing the guide, recording shows.  This list goes on and on. I don’t know why everything is lagging but I wish you’d roll it all back so I don’t have to hit the play button for five minutes to get anything to respond. 

Palofmine
Enthusiast - Level 1

Who thought, hey lets ruin and stress out our customers with our new guide. You have taken away the enjoyment of watching tv.  Whats on...... I cant see.  and all the other reasons yr customers have brought up, i agree. I never thought i would leave verizon and so when Optimum would knock on my door, i would say im not interested. You know what? I kept his card this time. Dont have to suggest a mass exodus as you will have done it to yourselves.

Good luck youll need it

Southern2356
Enthusiast - Level 3

Still watching this thread for a solution I fear is not coming.  TV has grown ever more painful to watch with the lag of the guide and the terrible interface.

I see the complaints have slowed down so I'm thinking Verizon is outlasting the complaints.

bristollucy
Contributor - Level 1

You are most likely correct. 

Bluespeyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, Verizon can and will outlast the complaints. Personally I think this monstrosity of an update was a calculated move to get customers to upgrade to Fios One, which I hear is faster but of course comes with a higher price. We all should've seen this coming however long ago, since the business model of any corporation is to gradually raise rates while providing lesser service. The only way it'll ever change is if enough customers refuse to comply and drop the service. But that won't happen, because the alternatives contain the exact same frustrations. So you're screwed whether you do or don't. 

famato1
Enthusiast - Level 2

It’s sad to see that Verizon continues to ignore all the feedback on this thread (not to mention other threads/complaints on social media, calls they receive). How do you not, at minimum, respond to the latest continuous complaints about your update and lag. One thing is addressing it with a fix in a future update... but at least acknowledge these complaints. TV is becoming unwatchable with your service. When users settle for the channel they’re on because the lag in the guide is unbearable—you have to wake up and hear us! Please let us know if you are addressing this!

clem21
Community Leader
Community Leader

@famato wrote:

It’s sad to see that Verizon continues to ignore all the feedback on this thread (not to mention other threads/complaints on social media, calls they receive). How do you not, at minimum, respond to the latest continuous complainot nts about your update and lag. One thing is addressing it with a fix in a future update... but at least acknowledge these complaints. TV is becoming unwatchable with your service. When users settle for the channel they’re on because the lag in the guide is unbearable—you have to wake up and hear us! Please let us know if you are addressing this!

First I am not a Verizon employee. Second there will be another update that addresses most of the issues in this thread. If you read some of this thread, you'll see there were responses from Verizon, and at least 2 updates trying to make fixes. The problem is they weren't 100% successful, but not many software updates are. Rest assured there IS another update in the works. Again, I'm not an employee, just trying to help out here.