Whoever designed this should be fired. Along with whoever approved this as an “upgrade” of the old guide.
1. Putting the live tv behind a guide? Why? Did no one notice you can’t actually see the live tv? So dumb. Put it back up on the corner.
2. Take away the color coding of shoes? Another dumb design. Makes everything harder to scan.
3. the ridiculous overlay info at the bottom of when you change channels.
4. Sluggish on a good day.
Absolutely horrendous design. This needs to be changed back right away. Spectrum starting to look real good right about now. All the money I pay and this is what you give us.
This is what happens when you allow programmers to make improvements.
-No channel logos
-No running clock
-No Live TV window
Do I have to explain why removing these features made things worse;
Agree regarding how awful the new guide is. I am actually watching more Netflix and Prime to stay away from it as it is like nails on a blackboard every time I hit the guide button i want to throw up how bad it is. Who actually looked at this and thought it was an improvement.
Agree with everything on this thread.
Particularly would like to note:
1. It is really difficult to quickly scan the new ui of the guide for something to watch
2. Prior to the update you could click the up arrow key it would bring up multiple channels on the right while watching what's currently on the tv on the right
All the above especially #4. This guide is especially hard to read and retain. It sacrifices the prior macro guide view which had easily readable text for a new, romper room, inefficient zoomed in view with no color coding. Verizon needs to either reinstate the old Guide View or make using the old Guide view an option in Settings. I will not renew my 2-year contract until this is resolved. And if it takes too long, I’ll go to the competition.
Very frustrated with the new guide.
My husband has vision issues as well. We miss the color coding he used to find movies. The text is so small he can’t read the guide. Totally frustrating. He has lost his independence to find something to watch
If anyone finds a way to revert to the old guide or make any kind of meaningful visual display adjustments, I would love to hear it.
Like many others, this is the first time I have posted to the forum.
Maybe Verizon can revert back until the figure out all these user interface shortfalls. We also miss the PIP so you could watch while you search.
Just piling on so perhaps Verizon listens. My wife spent 4 mins with the new guide and started investigating Comcast. She said she can’t watch TV anymore and I can’t “channel surf” as easily. What was a means of stress relief is now stress inducing. Maybe she has a point.
- small font
- overly busy layout (images that add no value, “live” labels)
- lack of prior navigational aids like color coding
- too many clicks to do previously simple tasks
- too much promotion of other “next” stuff overlaying the screen and interrupting my ability to enjoy what I just selected in the moment
Stop trying to be Netflix and instead be the best cable TV provider. Support ease of navigation and surfing. I don’t always want to sit and binge for 6 hours so make the 25 mins I do have the fastest path to quick entertainment. You serve a different need in my life than streaming services and I will continue to pay for both but your role as cable provider is in jeopardy now because you fail to understand this.
Fire the consultants, fire the design team, fire the marketing team and give us back that which we had optimized to suit our needs or lose us to Comcast and streamers forever.