Series recording for show records ever day except for Fridays
Eladio1

I have configured my DVR with a series recording for my local news (Channel 5, ABC) at 6:00 PM. But the DVR records the show every day except for Fridays. I have all the correct configuration for the series recording. It is very interesting that the "Scheduled Recording" on my DVR shows that the show will be recorded every day except for Friday. But if I go to Friday and try to schedule Fridays as a new, different, recording it would not do it complaining that "this series has already been created". I am also series-recording "ABC World News" and all 5 days, including Fridays, are recorded.  Very frustrating. Any idea/help will be appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Series recording for show records ever day except for Fridays
Bigtracks2

Check the listings to see if the program has a slightly different name on Friday compared to the other days.

0 Likes
Re: Series recording for show records ever day except for Fridays
Eladio1

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, that's not the issue. It is just the local news program with exactly the same name daily. If it was interpreted as a different name, it would allow me to do a brand new series recording for just that Friday "different" program. However, if I try to do that, it will complain telling me that it is already being series recorded, and will not take it. However, it will not record it. This is very annoying... 

0 Likes