Series recording not recording repeats
jetsfan2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had a huge amount of kids shows recorded PJ Masks and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse etc. someone accidently deleted the folder by pressing C on the remote and gone.

Figure the series recording would just start recording again but it is not. I deleted the series recording and recreated again with the following parameters.

Keep All, Record First run + repeats, all channels, duplicates no.

The DVR still not recording any of the upcoming repeat episodes. Like it knows it recorded them before? Only way to get it to record is to change duplicates to yes.

Now turning Duplicate to Yes on some shows like PJ Masks will make it record the same episode on three channels at the same time 260, 780, and some random 1200 channel.

I don’t know why I can’t get it to record like before.

I have Fios Multi-room DVR enhanced (6 shows) box. I tried telling the box to reboot and I also rebooted the Fios Router and still nothing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Series recording not recording repeats
jetsfan2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted the question also on the DSLreports.com forums. 

Someone finally provided a fix. The fix was to delete the history on the DVR. 

In DVR menu go to Configure & Upgrade / All Activities / I selected an item on list and the option was remove or delete all. 

After deleting all items on the activities and rebooting the box, it started recording properly without duplicates. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Delete that series recording and start a new one from channel 780. Chage the channel setting to "Selected Channel" instead of "All Channels". If duplicates is set to Yes it won't record anything from 260 or 1200. 

jetsfan2018
Enthusiast - Level 2

I posted the question also on the DSLreports.com forums. 

Someone finally provided a fix. The fix was to delete the history on the DVR. 

In DVR menu go to Configure & Upgrade / All Activities / I selected an item on list and the option was remove or delete all. 

After deleting all items on the activities and rebooting the box, it started recording properly without duplicates.