Service in 2 locations
kruse56

Hi, I now pay for Verizon service in 2 locations.  I have Verizon service in Staten Island, NY and Sarasota, FL.   I do traveling between the 2 quite frequently.

My question is this, can I bring one of my Verizon DVRs with me from NY to Florida, and get my NY service (NY Channels) in my Florida residence?

0 Likes
Re: Service in 2 locations
22Becca22
Contributor - Level 3

@kruse56 wrote:

Hi, I now pay for Verizon service in 2 locations.  I have Verizon service in Staten Island, NY and Sarasota, FL.   I do traveling between the 2 quite frequently.

My question is this, can I bring one of my Verizon DVRs with me from NY to Florida, and get my NY service (NY Channels) in my Florida residence?

Hello,

Once activated, the Verizon FiOS set top box (STB) is TV equipment paid for on a monthly basis and is tied to the TV account at a particular service address.  

Inside one's home, the existing coaxial cable from the wall provides digital signals to your STB, and then your STB (depending on the model) converts/outputs the subscribed channels (SD or HD video) plus audio signals to your TV or monitor based on your cable connection.

Hence, the outcome is that the channels received from the STB are based on the TV plan at the service address.

_________

On the other hand, over the internet, though:

Some local TV stations (owned/operated by/affiliated with the major TV networks) broadcast segments of their local programming (such as news content) on their website:

http://abclocal.go.com/mediakit/index.html

http://newyork.cbslocal.com

NBC local - varies 

Also, once logged into your FiOS account online on entertainment.verizon.com - one can view full episodes of TV shows from 27 featured TV networks and 98 other networks.

Moreover, one can watch full TV episodes (or live TV) from the following network sites after signing in from any device that is connected to the internet:

Lastly, if you subscribe to premium channels at one of your locations (NY or FL), then you can watch shows (movies, series, etc.) on demand online from the following premium channel websites.

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
Re: Service in 2 locations
kruse56

Thank you very much for all that information.  This was very helpful.  I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.  I have one other question... can I watch programs from my DVR in the New York household while in Florida (online, via Ipad or computer)?

0 Likes