Re: Set Top Box Keeps Rebooting On Its Own
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi hma429,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

Hi DrJT,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases." You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe." Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We are having the same issue we finally spoke to a live living human being after 30 minutes and we were told things should be back up and working in the NEXT 24 HOURS.

0 Likes
dpod1184
Enthusiast - Level 1

To be honest, this is completely unacceptable. Not only was I put on hold for almost an hour with no response, but all I get in response is a boilerplate, auto-generated email directing me to a different page to input more information. Your response told me to go to the section titled "My Support Cases"; however, when I went to my profile page, THERE WAS NO MY SUPPORT CASES SECTION. So it was only after your product stopped working completely, I was put on hold for almost an hour with no response, and I posted a question in an online community that Verizon decided to respond WITH INCORRECT INFORMATION. This needs to be escalated to upper management IMMEDIATELY. 

Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

I appreciate your frustration, we haven't done much better and every time we do get some kind of excuse the completed time is even later. The LAST VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE REP DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THERE IS AN OUTAGE. My wife had to explain the OUTAGE PROBLEM TO THE VERIZON EMPLOYEE

0 Likes
Friendly
Contributor - Level 2

We have been on hold longer then the gestation of an elephant cow, gotten as many opinions as a corrupt politician, the only things we haven't got are help or a TV BOX THAT WORKS. THE CLOSEST THING WE GOT TO POSSIBLY AN HONEST ANSWER IS VERIZON ISSUED AN UPDATE AND IT DESTROYED ALL OUR SET UP/DVR BOXES OF the ONE MODEL WE ALL HAVE. Another theory we heard a hacker took OUT THE BOXES. THERE IS NO FIXING IT.  WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN DEAD LINES THAT ARE JUST AS THEY SAY THERE ARE NONE. IT IS A DELAY TACTIC.

0 Likes
Walkersara
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same thing here, replaced STB with a new one and it does the same thing. Verizon FIOS has a problem and they don't know how to fix it. Their solution is to blame it on something in your wiring or the power to the box. They don't have a clue what the issue is, but can re-set the box remotely. SAD SAD situation to have to keep dealing with this issue.

0 Likes
Desertyeti98

I have a Motorola HD DVR and the box continues to frequently restart, showing 8888 on the screen and initializing updates. 20 times it happened today, didn't matter if we watched live TV or DVR.  

0 Likes
Mousy2

I am running into this issue, I had unplugged my hdmi cord while moving things around and since it has been plugged back in my set has been rebooting every time I try and switch to it. I can get to the "click menu to watch tv" but once I click menu, no joy. I have tried a hard restart but can't get it to stop. 

0 Likes
ChrisMiss

I am having the same issue!  Moved the box from our master bedroom to the basement with no issues. Moved same box back to master bedroom and starting around 9:30 EST box resets whether just watching TV, show on DVR or trying to get messsge from menu. This started January 13th and has happened every night since!  I have been watching dvr shows on my phone!  

0 Likes