Re: Set Top Box Keeps Rebooting On Its Own
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

In you are having issues with your box, you will need to contact support.

Either 1800 Verizon or twitter @verizonsuppprt

0 Likes
dmk516
Enthusiast - Level 1

VZ updated the box connected to the house and the reboot issue got 10x worse.  TV is not watchable set reboots several times per hour. affecting TV, internet, & phone.  I, unfortunately, will have to consider new provider,  if they can't resolve this issue in my lifetime.  Customer service seems unaware of this major issue.  Tech was also required to replace my backup battery with downgraded non-rechargeable "D" battery tray.  HD tv looking better and better.

0 Likes
Jimcinny

I am having the exact same problems. I cannot watch TV or my DVR anymore after all of the storms that we had a New York two weeks ago. Every time I turn on the set-top box, it flashes and he on the display and reboots. Really frustrating. I can watch TV on another TV with a non-DVR set top box, so know that the wires are not an issue.

Is there a fix for this, or do I just need to get a new set up DVR box and lose all of the recorded programs that I have.  I am thinking it might just be easier to switch over to optimum since they are cheaper and had no problems when I was with them. It should not be this hard to watch TV.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try putting the problem box in place of the one that works.

If it still has te same issue, it has probably failed.

You will need to work through support to get it replaced.

0 Likes
Mertig

Our DVR box is now constantly rebooting as well.  After reading all of the posters saying they’ve been on hold with customer service for 45 minutes to an hour I’d like for Verizon to go ahead and elevate this to someone who can actually help and not a person who will take my complaint and put me on hold.  Box is completely unusable.  I have reset it any number of times and unplugged it and nothing works.  

0 Likes
Mertig

Called 1-800-VERIZON for giggles.  My estimated wait time was 14-21 minutes.  Been on hold for 30 so far and haven’t even talked to the person that puts people in terminal hold yet.  This is AWESOME!!!!

0 Likes
Mertig

On hold...49 minutes...no human, no set top DVR box...   other works fine.  No help...

0 Likes
Mertig

After 1:10 on hold, got someone to reinstall the box software remotely and the box works now.  If it nukes itself again, I’ll be back on here.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can also reach them via twitter @verizonsupport

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes