Set Top Box keeps resetting.
kbruens1

I have an HD set top box for Fios TV. Recently like the past few months it resets like every few days. Today it has reset at least 4 times. I tried switching from HDMI to component but that did not fix the issue. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. None of it has worked. I talked to customer service last time and they said the box was having issues with updates but that it shouldnt be a major issue. However, its only gotten worse. What can I do to fix this issue?

0 Likes
Re: Set Top Box keeps resetting.
mantech1
Hello,

Over the last couple of days my set top box has also powered down on its own. Is Verizon doing something? Or is my box having issues.
0 Likes
CR
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having the same problem.  Seems to have started after the recent "improvemnt" to the Guide, etc... Mine seems to reboot when there's some usage of the remote (turning on, FiOS voice, etc...) I've had it reboot multiple times in a day (an of course it takes a couple minutes each time).  Called support a couple weeks back and they suggested I get a new box.  Did that and it seemed better for a while, but now it's doing it again.  Prior to the "improvement" things seemed rock solid, but lately it's been pretty unreliable; not what I'd come to expect from FiOS.

0 Likes
jjbuza

Verizon must be doing something, or have made a change.  I'm having the same issues, the FIOS HD STB keeps resetting on its own.  Has reset about 3 time in the last hour.  FIOS is becoming the new cable/Xfinity I think.

0 Likes
Holly1
Contributor - Level 3

I'm having the same problem but only when I try to listen to voicemail messages. It would be interesting to see if we're all using the same kind of STB. Mine is the Motorolla QIP 7100-1.

They have tried to help me via private messages but I would rather that all see the problem. How can anyone know if the problem is solved and how it is solved if it's done via private messages?

Too many people are having this problem to try and solve it by way of private messages. Some put the problem on the TV forum and others on the Phone (as I did because so far it only invloves  resetting when I try to listen to voicemails).

I'm glad you said getting a new box doesn't solve the problem.

Our other TV with a newer model STB hasn't had the problem so far.

Holly

0 Likes