Set Top Box sound problem
Jack236
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon recently exchanged by STB from the HD 6200 to a HD 7100. I am now experiencing a sound drop off when watching TV. When watching a program, the sound will go off and return approx. 2 minutes later. On my remote, I can channel up one and back to restore the sound. I recall having the same problem 3 years ago with my HD6200 STP. I was advised back then to press power, select and then menu on the STB and a white user screen appeared. I then changed the audio to L-PCM and this fixed my problem. 

I just pressed power, select and then menu on my HD 7100 STB and did get the white Settings screen; however, I do not see the same "settings" for audio from my previous fix.  I checked my audio setting from the main menu and found my audio was set for "surround." Since I do not have a surround system, I changed it to stereo.  Can anyone help me with this problem? Thank you.     

0 Likes
Re: Set Top Box sound problem-possible fix
Jack236
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to add something to my previous message from 8/22. I just read of a similar problem in the forum from an earlier posting and learned that after pressing power, select and then menu on your STB, you would need to  look for "additional HDMI options" to find the audio setting. My STB read "auto" and I changed it to L-PCM. This was a great fix on my HD6200 STB a few years ago and hopefully, this will fix the drop off problem on my recently exchanged HD7100 STB.

0 Likes