Set-Top Box xxxxx is not responding
bkp_42

I've spent hours on the phone with tech support.  The DVR has been replaced once already.  The router has been factory reset several times.  Tech support has remotely rebooted the DVR several times.  I've disabled and re-enabled remote dvr on the set top box repeatedly.

No matter what I or the technical support team tries, I always get "Set-Top Box ... is not responding" when I try to access the DVR from the Verizon FIOS web site.

I've pretty much given up at this point.

0 Likes
Re: Set-Top Box xxxxx is not responding
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
kwebb2

I have this exact problem.  Please have someone contact me.

0 Likes
pbergeron37
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello,

I have been battling a similar problem,

About 8 weeks ago we lost power for 3 days.  After power was restored I noticed I could not

remotely connect to DVR  nor were we getting caller-id displayed.

I called Verizon  and they renotely did a reset  and the DVR remote access & caller-id worked

for about 10 days.

I called again,  they said they would do "something" different.  Same result.  After about

7-10 days no caller-id nor remote dvr.

I called again a few days ago.  The technician sent me a replacement DVR.

Same problem.

Phone support is not very helpful.  They go thru the same script every time I call

and in the end same result - problem not resolved.

If Verizon could contact me via email... I would very much appreciate it.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: http://www.verizon.com/repair

You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue: http://www22.verizon.com/residentialhelp

@pbergeron37 wrote:

Hello,

I have been battling a similar problem,

About 8 weeks ago we lost power for 3 days.  After power was restored I noticed I could not

remotely connect to DVR  nor were we getting caller-id displayed.

I called Verizon  and they renotely did a reset  and the DVR remote access & caller-id worked

for about 10 days.

I called again,  they said they would do "something" different.  Same result.  After about

7-10 days no caller-id nor remote dvr.

I called again a few days ago.  The technician sent me a replacement DVR.

Same problem.

Phone support is not very helpful.  They go thru the same script every time I call

and in the end same result - problem not resolved.

If Verizon could contact me via email... I would very much appreciate it.

0 Likes
PJL
Master - Level 3

@KH-OrnEsh wrote:

If you are having an issue with your Verizon service, you can use the Verizon Troubleshooter to fix and report issues with your Verizon Phone, FiOS TV, or Internet Service. You can also schedule a repair. Here is the link: You can also find tools on the Verizon Residential Support page that may help you diagnose your issue:

The remote DVR problem described by the OP and others is common (reported on many forums including this one) and will not be diagnosed or fixed by using the Verizon troubleshooter.  It is a port mapping issue, and the real solution is a remapping of ports, a function that can only be performed by Verizon support (that is, when you find someone who understands the problem and knows how to fix it).  It relates to whether UDP or TCP is being used for the function (which is how the circuit is set by Verizon for the account), and whether the STB Listener is functioning properly.  When remote DVR is lost, caller ID to the STB is usually broken.

I have never experienced this problem.  I believe my circuit is set to UDP mapping applies (which is more reliable than TCP mapping), using Listener 1.  Check to see if the STB passes or fails the Remote DVR test (under customer support, self diagnostice on the STB main menu).  It probably fails.   My neighbor (who's remote DVR routinely breaks) has TCP mapping with Listener 2.   I've found that if we disable the STB remote DVR and caller ID functions, restart the STB, reenable remote DVR and caller ID, the problem usually goes a way for a period of time.  You might try this process.

0 Likes