Switch Account

Set top Box connection to a Computer Monitor

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Set top Box connection to a Computer Monitor

Message 11 of 12
(4,900 Views)

can I connect my laptop to use as a monitor to my verizon HD box.  If yes, how??

Highlighted
Gold Contributor V
Gold Contributor V

Re: Set top Box connection to a Computer Monitor

Message 12 of 12
(4,895 Views)

@antonefjr wrote:

Can I connect a set top box to a computer's monitor/computer?  I already know I can connect a set top box to an audio source such as a receiver.  I wish to know this before I subscribe to Fios TV .  I don't have a TV because I like to watch TV online as was wondering if I have the set top box and subscribed to Fios TV, can I connect the box to the computer/computer monitor.

You may be able to connect the STB to a computer monitor if the monitor has HDMI or DVI inputs.  If it has only a DVI input, you will need a connector adapter that converts HDMI to DVI, like the ones in this link.  Make sure you get the right genders on the adapter.  If the monitor only has a VGA input you would also need a DVI to VGA connector like the one this link.

There are probably ways to connect the STB to a computer and then to a monitor, but they get even more complicated and expensive.  An alternative could be installing a QAM TV tuner card that accepts a cable card in your computer and using that as the STB.  You won't get VOD and some other functionality, but it would work too.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.