Re: Set top Box connection to a Computer Monitor
rapidrobert39

can I connect my laptop to use as a monitor to my verizon HD box.  If yes, how??

0 Likes
Re: Set top Box connection to a Computer Monitor
PJL
Master - Level 3

@antonefjr wrote:

Can I connect a set top box to a computer's monitor/computer?  I already know I can connect a set top box to an audio source such as a receiver.  I wish to know this before I subscribe to Fios TV .  I don't have a TV because I like to watch TV online as was wondering if I have the set top box and subscribed to Fios TV, can I connect the box to the computer/computer monitor.

You may be able to connect the STB to a computer monitor if the monitor has HDMI or DVI inputs.  If it has only a DVI input, you will need a connector adapter that converts HDMI to DVI, like the ones in this link.  Make sure you get the right genders on the adapter.  If the monitor only has a VGA input you would also need a DVI to VGA connector like the one this link.

There are probably ways to connect the STB to a computer and then to a monitor, but they get even more complicated and expensive.  An alternative could be installing a QAM TV tuner card that accepts a cable card in your computer and using that as the STB.  You won't get VOD and some other functionality, but it would work too.