Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
frpst9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Full history:

About 2 months ago, my STB would go "offline" when I would come down in the morning to turn it and the TV on.  I'd turn on the TV (a Bravia Android TV) and STB and it would tell me that there was "no input" available.  The only way to "revive" the display was to power cycle the STB.  I tried everything imaginable: new HDMI cable, changed input on the TV, rebooted the TV, had Verizon factory reset the STB- nothing worked.  Finally, we gave in and swapped out the STB for a new one from Verizon (same model).

For about 5 days it worked as expected.  3 days ago, it started experiencing the same issues as the old STB- no display in the morning when I tried to turn everything on.  The box seems to be functional otherwise- DVR recordings continue as they should, just display disconnecting.

I'm at a total loss here.  Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is auto power off enabled?

If so, may try disabling it.

Doesn't really save any power anyway.

0 Likes
frpst9
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it is disabled. I was thinking the same thing. No luck. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you import comfigs to new box from old box?

If so, maybe try enabling and then disabling feature. 

Are you turning stb off at night? Try leaving it on.

Doesn't save any energy anyway.

0 Likes
frpst9
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm going to try leaving the box on overnight (just turning off the TV) to see how that works. I did not import the settings from the old box, FYI.

0 Likes
Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
Kbee2

This problem began when FIOS iontroduced its new starting screen image with all the scramble of information and images a couple of months ago. FIOS Technician replaced the FIOS box on the outside of our house; we replaced the DVR box.  We paid our AV company to come out and assure us that our HDMI cable was okay.  It is.  I cannot believe we are the only ones with this issue. FIOS is the problem and is unwilling or unable to fix the problem.

0 Likes
frpst9
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only way I can get the STB to stay alive overnight is to leave both the STB and the TV on all night. If I turn off one or the other (or both), when I turn them on in the morning the TV shows "no input" for the STB.  Very irritating!  Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try leaving STB on. It doesn't save any power by turning it off.
See if that makes a difference

0 Likes
Geleng17
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve been experiencing the same issue for over a month. The original box would not display a video unless the VMS was rebooted (power unplugged). If I turn the TV off after a few hours the there would be no video input input indicated, regardless if I keep the VMS on.

0 Likes
Bizzpopoa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I been having the same problem for the last 3 to 4 days now... I think this is a new issue for verizon customers....   my other 3 set-top he box doesn't do this , only my Dvr box

0 Likes