Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
frpst9
Enthusiast - Level 2

An update on the "fix" for this issue:  I had a Verizon tech come out to the house yesterday to troubleshoot.  He was able to determine, definitively that under these conditions (when the TV is turned off for a few hours), the STB's HDMI port is being shut down.  This was confirmed by plugging the HDMI cable into a small, mobile TV that the tech had with him in his truck. Even though the STB was "live" no picture was displayed when the HDMI port was used on either TV.  The "fix" was to eliminate HDMI and switch to component cables, which always work.

A very unsatisfying workaround, but at least one that works.  Clearly Verizon has compatibility issues with their HDMI configuration and/or buggy code.  It is ridiculous that it is nearly 2018 and I'm being told that HDMI is too complex for a major provider to make work... It would be great if Verizon development would consider this a bug and fix it. 

Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
Jenn7201

I have a similar problem. Two of our four TVs have to be rebooted ever time we turn them on for the past couple of months now. I had Verizon out here twice and they have replaced the boxes and nothing changes. They say it could be the tv itself or HDMI wires but how could two TVs start experiencing the same issues at the exact same time and the issue is with the TVs and not the cable. We’re still living with this every day, hopefully someone has some insight as to what could be causing this...

0 Likes
Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

Obviously sounds like a handshake problem between your TV and the STB.  One thing to try is looking for Fixes at YOUR TV company's site. 

0 Likes
im_the_stig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem here for the last ~2 weeks.

It must be a bug introduced with some recent software update, as I had been using the same VMS1100 box for over 2 years until this issue just popped up and won't go away.

"Use outdated component cables" is definitely not a real solution. Fix your stuff, Verizon.

Tamara5
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been having the same problem for a few months and still not fixed after having three new boxes all failed. I will try swapping out the HDMI for the cables. If verizon knows that this is an issue why do they keep on having me try new boxes. The last support person suggested it was a problem with my tv. Frustrating to say the least.

YNOTK

I'm having the same issue. Started about a month ago. 

0 Likes
MissingTVVA

I started having this problem a week or so as well.  Checked HDMI wires, inputs, and fios receivers - only happens our newest TV the Sony Bravia Smart 4k TV, which used to work fine. I have been checking Sony website as well. I noticed that the fios reeiver now shows up as a separate input when it does work after unplugging the receiver. Picture is fine while watching but something happens when turn off. If any gets a fix please post.

0 Likes
Pdkjr20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue. Was told by Verizon customer support that it is a known bug with HDMI on the VMS 1100. Also told there was no ETA on the fix...that it was out of their hands because they buy the boxes from a vendor. Very frustrating.

Seejeepgo

I'm having the exact same problem w my fios dvr and Sony bravura 4k. Also just recently started after months of no issues and i havny changed anything on my end. 

0 Likes
Mrjac

Same issue here. We have a IPC1100 box though (not sure if that is the same as a VMS1100?). We have a year old Sony Bravia 4K. It just started happening 4 days ago, on 12-1-2018. It seems people are posting different times when this started happening. It is seriously annoying.

0 Likes