Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
jddcricket

Thanks for the idea. Hopefully Receivier <-> DVR HDMI will not have same problem.

Good temp work around for me.

P.s. Verizon tech support acks the issue and says fix is being worked on, but no ETA. They also suggested switch to Component in the meantime....

0 Likes
TV does not recognize FIOS each morning
Kooch1
Each morning I have to unplug and replug the FIOS set top box for the TV to "see" it as a connection.  I have replaced the set top box and switched boxes from other TVs and those set top boxes work on other TVs.  This seems to be a unique issue with FIOS set top box and TV which is a Sony XBR-55x850D.  I have tried using different HDMI cables and input locations (e.g. 1, 2, 3, etc.) as well as update TV software, reset TV, etc. but nothing works.  Once the FIOS is unplugged and restarts, the TV recognizes it as a connection for the rest of the day.  The next morning the TV says there is no input even if the set top box is on and working.  Any suggestions?
0 Likes
Re: TV does not recognize FIOS each morning
TomH121
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once your STB is working for the day...keep STB   ON all the time.

Turn OFF only TV at night.

What happens next day ?

0 Likes
tburke501

I have the exact same issue that you are reporting, only difference is my HDTV is a Sony XBR75X940D. I am reporting this to Sony, also. Just started happening in the past few weeks, Need to unplug / plug in power each morning.

0 Likes
G2N
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in for a resolution to this issue as well. I have a 65" 4K Sony 930D, and am getting the no input problem as of the last 2/3 weeks. Everything worked like a champ prior. I have top of the line Monoprice HDMI cables. The PS4 Pro and Soundbar works with no issues with HDMI. Swapped HDMI ports and changed both my Verizon router and the cable box. The issue persists. All of the other TVs in the house work fine, except the 930D. Unplugging and plugging the power to the cable box seems to work, but that's just a temporary solution. 

I did notice twice when I go to input settings on the TV, it keeps reverting to standard HDMI instead of enhanced HDMI. Could the Verizon box be forcing it to switch back to standard? 

0 Likes
Kooch1

I switched set top box to always stay on and turned TV off.  Next morning TV does not see the FIOS input.  Weirdest thing because everything was fine for 1.5 years and then this went haywire a couple weeks ago.  Reset everything tonight and everything looks OK so far but real test will be tomorrow morning.

0 Likes
Kooch1

So this seems like a Sony / FIOS issue because we all were OK a couple of weeks ago and then everything is acting up.  All my other TVs are fine; ironically all the others are NOT Sony TVs.

0 Likes
G2N
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a 2nd Sony 46" smart (of that era)TV that's about 6-7 years older, non 4K, that is wired up to a Verizon box, and that one wasn't affected by this glitch, only my 65" 4K TV. I tried different settings last night, including keeping the cable box from going to idle, and I still had the 'no signal' issue this morning.

0 Likes
Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
CurlingRules

We were told our machine would be fixed with a firmware update "in a week", about 5 days ago.  Your anecdote suggests it might actually happen.  Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I had heard not until after the first of the year as Verizon typically doesn't do releases over the holidays.

Will be intersted to see if anyone gets an update.

0 Likes