Re: Must reboot DVR almost every time we turn on TV and Cable in order to get picture.
YNOTK

Same issue here with Sony 850d. Tried different inputs and even got s new box from version. Still the same issue. It's definitely a software glitch. I just don't know if it's on the Verizon side or Sony side. It worked fine up until 3 weeks ago. 

0 Likes
Re: No signal from FIOS DVR Box to Sony 4k TV
Disneyndogs

We have the same television and experience the same issues. To take it a step further if we change imputs, like using the Sony home screen, Netflix, etc and switch back we get the same “no input recognized” issues. 

We we have to restart both devices each time we switch from components. 

Did you you get any resolution to this issue?

0 Likes
Re: No signal from FIOS DVR Box to Sony 4k TV
richbrown

I also tested an AppleTV connected to the Sony TV and that did not have any issues, which makes me think it is a FIOS issue not a Sony issue.  I had a friend who had a similar problem years ago, and his research at the time pointed to an issue with the handshake between the FIOS box and the TV.  He solved his problem by connecting an HDMI splitter to the FIOS box, with one output of the splitter going to the TV and the second output going to a device called an HDFury (http://www.drhdmi.eu/dictionary/hdfury-1.html) which apparently keeps the connection to the box going even when the TV is turned off. He lent me this device and it has given me a workaround to rebooting the FIOS box every time, but the underlying issue still exists.

0 Likes
Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
TeddyMotts

I have been having the same issue as well. Started a couple of weeks ago, and its driving me crazy. Sony XBR 65 inch 4K tv here, same issue. Has anyone heard about updates or fixes? 

0 Likes
Rp21091
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exact same problem and same brand tv. Fios tells me the work around is to use component cables. It does work that way but it does not solve the hdmi handshake problem. Sony says to do a factory reset which I did. Did absolutely nothing. 

0 Likes
Fios tv software glitch with new Sony 4k tv
jacks12
Enthusiast - Level 2

have been told from FIOS tech there is a software glitch with newer Sony 4k tv's not 'talking' to the main FIOS settop box.  Was told the software fix would occur over the past weekend, yet the problem has not been fixed.  Does anyone know what is going on with this?  WE've been dealing with this issue for 2 months now.  We have to re-set the box EVERY time we want to watch tv.  VERY annoying!  Any fix in sight? 

0 Likes
G2N
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've decided to go the component cables work-around as well.  Are there any downsides compared to using component cables as opposed to HDMI?  Picture looks about the same, and I guess in the long run, it's worth using this method instead of HDMI, as cable boxes only output 720P/1080i anyway, and it frees up an HDMI port for other things. I use the ARC on HDMI 4 to use the sound bar, so it's all good with that.

0 Likes
TV not picking up set top box
sigsue

I have a Sony Bravia 4k UHD 65" tv. About 4 weeks ago, I started having problems with cable.  When I would turn tv off for a few hours or overnight, and then turn it back on, I would get a no signal message on the tv. I would then pull power cord out of set top box and reset and it works fine. I have had support change the box three times, and even tried a different HDMI wire and a different input. Support says the lines are fine and nothing wrong with signal but this cant be right if it happens everytime.  I also tried leaving box on at all times but that didnt help either and also did a factory reset on tv.  Anybody have any ideas?

thanks

0 Likes
Re: TV not picking up set top box
jonjones1
Legend

Does the tv have a sleep mode? That may be set for xxx time and be causing the issue.

our HDTV 4K also has wake on lan mode set to on. And a third mode which I forget that deals with keeping the signal to the tv alive.

alas I cannot speak for the set top box, I use DirectTVNOW service which uses broadband via an app.

0 Likes
Re: TV does not recognize FIOS each morning
WBJ3rd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. Found a solution yet?

0 Likes