Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
Kooch1

Someone suggested Atlona 4K UHD HDR HDMI Emulator but don't know if this will work plus hate to spend $250 on something that should be fixed between Verizon and Sony; maybe it is time to switch to Xfinity...ugh!  Every day for last 3 weeks; this stinks!  

The Atlona Etude™ Sync provides EDID emulation and HPD (Hot-Plug-Detect) communication between HDMI® sink and source devices. It detects and corrects signal integrity issues associated with faulty cabling or connections, and can resolve compatibility problems between devices. The Etude Sync is compatible with HDR formats and is HDCP 2.2 compliant. It supports UHD 4K @ 60 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, as well as HDMI data rates up to 18 Gbps. In addition to addressing HDMI signal and device-related issues, the Etude Sync reports HDCP compliance at the source and destination, and can manage EDID communication with the source. This device is ideal for AV system troubleshooting and can ensure a reliable, consistent performance for years to come.  Sells for $249.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

My understanding from other posts is Verizon is working on a fix. So I wouldn't go spending a large amount of money on a solution. A couple of workarounds have been posted in this thread. I know one is switching to component. No video quality change.

Re: TV not picking up set top box
MattK11

I have the same issue with the same tv and have had no success. Switched out everything.... boxes, hdmi cables, hdmi ports. Nothing works. Even resetting has stopped working. 

0 Likes
jtmiv1

I have the same issue. However I am running the VMS1100 via HDMI into a pioneer vsx-1131 which then runs to a Vizio M50-C1 via HDMI. Had been working without issue for over a year until recently when it began behaving as others have described. No picture when I attempt to watch FIOS after the system has been off for awhile. Unit has to be unplugged and replugged to get it to work. No issues with Blu-ray player or Roku which are both running through the vsx-1131 as well. This problem occured sponaneously without any change on my side. 

0 Likes
handshake with VMS1100 STB
Stoneface57
Enthusiast - Level 2

WHEN IS FIOS GOING TO FIX THIS PROBLEM

0 Likes
Stoneface57
Enthusiast - Level 2

USE COMPONENT CABLED BUT YOU NEED 5 WIRE SET  VERZION SENT ME A SET BUT NO SOUND 

0 Likes
Stoneface57
Enthusiast - Level 2

3  wie ones they send you will not give you sound getting tired of fios always a problem 200.00 dollars a month and hve to reset box every time its off for a couple of hours 

0 Likes
Sony Bravia UHDTV No Input Signal
bblue79

I've had a Sony Bravia UHD 4K TV for the past year and it has worked perfectly with the Media Server set top box.  About three weeks ago, when switching from the HDMI input with the Media Server to another and then back to the Media Server (say after an hour or so), the TV will say "No Input" as if the connection has "timed out."  Tested on other inputs and used different devices on the Media Server's HDMI input; Media Server "times out" on other inputs, other devices work fine on the Media Server's original input.  Only way to get the Media Server's input back is to reset the box (still doesn't resolve the issue "long term.")  I swapped out the boxes and set "sleep" on the box to "never" - issue persists.  My friend has Fios and the same TV and is experiencing the same issue.  Anyone else experience this issue / have advice?

0 Likes
Re: Sony Bravia UHDTV No Input Signal
jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had the same thing happen to me arround 12/1/2017. I have the same DVR and TV listed as everyone else does that is having the input issue after turning off the set top box on this forum. I contacted Verizon on 12/1/2017 after I did all my troubleshooting.

So they know about the issue and I cannot believe they are taking this long to update. She said it was in the tens of thousands and they receive hundreds of calls a day about this. One would think they would cram a bunch of software engineers in a room and crank out a fix/solution since everyone is paying for the service, which isnt working. So as of today (01/02/2017), they still have no time table on when they will push the update out. I kept getting put on hold while she asked somone in the digital solutions dept.

16 yrs with Verizon and I think when my contract is up, I am done with them.

0 Likes
Re: Sony Bravia UHDTV No Input Signal
TeddyMotts

To All: 

I have used the component workaround -- amazon has cables for $7. I also called to complain to Verizon about this.  I received the following benefits -- they comped a portion of my bill from Thanksgiving (when my issue started) till Dec 3rd, since that is my billing cycle. They also said that they are going to (if I call back at the end of my Jan billing cycle) - comp the entire month of December if it is still not fixed. 

They also gave me $15 of my bill for the next 12 months. 

My suggestion -- call them at the end of your billing cycle, explain the problem, and ask to be comped for the month -- and every day in the future until issue is resolved. They know this is a problem now. They know what you are talking about as soon as it you begin explaining it. My customer rep was very fair about it (then again, I am not one of those yell people, I think you get more by simply being honest but calm.)

I plan on calling at end of every billing cycle until this issue is resolved. 

Its a pain. But I will take the pain and no cable bill for the time being --- 

0 Likes