Verizon Fios and Sony TV
MissD7

Hi.  I have a Sony XBR-55x850D TV.  I purchsed it last February.  Best Buy guys installed it and connected my Fios DVR box and my dvd player and a sound bar.  TV worked great until this November.  One moring, turned on tv and see a blank screen with "No signal. Check the external input" in the bottom corner.  Whenever the TV is turned off for a while (2 hrs or more) I get the No Signal error.  As soon as I reboot the  box, it will start working.  Initially I thought the problem was the box from Verizon.  I requested a new box but get the same error message.  Can anyone help??

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Fios and Sony TV
frpst9
Enthusiast - Level 2

@MissD7 wrote:

Hi.  I have a Sony XBR-55x850D TV.  I purchsed it last February.  Best Buy guys installed it and connected my Fios DVR box and my dvd player and a sound bar.  TV worked great until this November.  One moring, turned on tv and see a blank screen with "No signal. Check the external input" in the bottom corner.  Whenever the TV is turned off for a while (2 hrs or more) I get the No Signal error.  As soon as I reboot the  box, it will start working.  Initially I thought the problem was the box from Verizon.  I requested a new box but get the same error message.  Can anyone help??

If you read though the thread, we are all experiencing this problem. Verizon is working on releasing a code upgrade for the DVR in the near future. In the meantime, you can use component cables instead of HDMI and you will not experience the issues. 

0 Likes
Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
G2N
Enthusiast - Level 1

This problem is now fixed in Queens, NY, I waited a couple days to make sure it was working every time on my Sony 65" 4K.

0 Likes
im_the_stig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Issue fixed for me in Boston, MA suburbs as of a few days ago. 65" 4K Bravia.

0 Likes
CurlingRules

In the west Philadelphia ‘burbs with a Sony 4K TV—thought it was fixed as of 1/6, but it now needs to be powercycled every time as of 1/14.  We had a few good days in there with no powercycling!  Sucks that the problem is baaaaaack.

0 Likes
Camelva4

Same exact problem here in Fairfax, Virginia. Have swapped out STB box, HDMI cable, and tried all different HDMI ports on my Sony BRAVIA 65" TV. Standing by for Verizon to push out a patch to my STB here in Fairfax -- no solution as of 01/19/2018.

0 Likes
Loafage

From Northern NJ....Today was the first day I could turn on both my brand new Sony Bravia TV’s after being off for the the past days and now I see a full picture without having to reset the top box. The problem seems to be resolved as I assume Verizon did the upgrade. I will continue to monitor to make sure the problem does not come back. 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Camelva4 wrote:

Same exact problem here in Fairfax, Virginia. Have swapped out STB box, HDMI cable, and tried all different HDMI ports on my Sony BRAVIA 65" TV. Standing by for Verizon to push out a patch to my STB here in Fairfax -- no solution as of 01/19/2018.

What version is your stb? Is it 4.8?

0 Likes
DeanErg
Enthusiast - Level 1

Northern VA and my fix came through on Sunday and so far so good!

0 Likes
jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

Im right across the river in Maryland and still no fix. Unplugging everyday since Nov/Dec.... Waiting...... 

I keep calling and they say anyday...  Anyone else in Maryland had the fix or still an issue?

0 Likes