Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
camelva

Where in NoVA?

0 Likes
ndg2
Enthusiast - Level 2

NoVA is northern Virginia.

Problem is finally resolved for my Sony 75XBR910C. I'm in southeastern PA near Philadelphia.  Problem had existed on main DVR and smaller satellite boxes.  

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread.  I was initially concerned that my TV was malfunctioning.

Stoneface57
Enthusiast - Level 2

JUST CHECKED TODAY 2/18/18 STILL NOT WORKING  LI NY THINK ITS TIME TO CHECK OUT OPTIMUM ALTICE 

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What version software is your stb running?

0 Likes
jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

So this thread looks like it has come to a big halt and everyone has received the update except me or what??? I still have to unplug and plug 3-4x a day to watch TV since Nov. I understood that it is released by market and lots of markets have the new update, but not in the People's Republic of Maryland. If you have received the new update, what is your version? I also use to call in before my bill every month and they would comp me a credit, but they told me last time they were not doing that for me anymore since they could see how much tv I watched and plugging and unplugging seemed to be the fix until my market released the update. So anyone feel free to answer my questions and chime in and keep me and others informed if you have or haven’t received the update or any news when the update will be coming to your market and/or the People's Republic of Maryland. 1 1/2 years left on my contract and I’m out. They can have my 12 yr. business and shove it.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

MD has received the update.

Some times a box does not get the update properly.

Current version is 4.8.

If your box is not at that level, you willneed to do a cold init to download.

It will reset your settings.

If you have multiple boxes that need the update and have the same or similar settings, do one at a time.
Then import settings from the other box.

0 Likes
jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

imageNot sure if you live in Maryland or you work for Verizon. But I have had the same 4.8 for a while and I still unplug and plug in several times a day to watch tv. I even called Verizon cyber solutions team and they told me an update was coming in the next month. Not sure where you get your information from, but would like to see what source you derived your 4.8 as the newest update and fix the Sony 4k tv and VMS1100 STB issue. I attached a picture of my STB setting as of Feb 23 2018 and the issue still persits. Why would it have APR in the update if the update was recently pushed out to Maryland as you say. Please post a valid source for your information so I can call Verizon and see what they have to say.

I did find this thread http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31731263-Quantum-APR-4-8-Update-12-22-17 but not sure how accurate it is since its not a Verizon Team Member posting it. Not sure where this person got his information from they are stating a 4.8.1 release.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

I do live in Md and don't work for Verizon.

Yes 4.8.1 is the latest.

But what shows up on STB is 4.8.

Do you have Sony TV? Have you upgraded it as well to latest software?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

The person who made the thread “Branch” has 100% accuracy in his information.

although he does not work for Verizon he has information from a source within Verizon.

i would trust his information over some I see on this forum.

jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the quick response. Yes my Sony tv did the update 2 weeks ago  while I was watching a show. As of this morning im still unplugging and plugging in to watch Fios tv. Do you have the information or could you post a picture of what the Sony tv firmware should be so I can eliminate all posibilites. At this point Im so confused why I have the current update but still have to unplug and plug all day......

0 Likes