Re: Set top box (VMS1100) no display after it is idle for a long period of time
jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I should switch over to that forum and ask branch what the hell is going on with my system so he can inquire? Seems Im the last one on this forum that still has issues and all the updates......

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@jonb_E350 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response. Yes my Sony tv did the update 2 weeks ago  while I was watching a show. As of this morning im still unplugging and plugging in to watch Fios tv. Do you have the information or could you post a picture of what the Sony tv firmware should be so I can eliminate all posibilites. At this point Im so confused why I have the current update but still have to unplug and plug all day......

This may or may not help but here goes. First I would unplug your router from the power, wait a few minutes and plug it back in. After it’s powered up I would then turn on your Sony TV only and go into settings (I have my 4K UHD TV’s connected via ethernet to both units) I would then in the settings check for an update. If the tv says it’s on the latest update I would then go and turn on the Fios set top box and see if your issue is fixed. 

Recently the Quantum router was given a firmware update and it may just need what I told you to do above.

jonjones1
Legend

@jonb_E350 wrote:

So I should switch over to that forum and ask branch what the hell is going on with my system so he can inquire? Seems Im the last one on this forum that still has issues and all the updates......

Well I did not say he was an expert, just that his information is mainly correct. You can take that for what you will.

now you could use the Verizon help here https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

yes it’s real Verizon employees helping customers. I believe they are the same as at Twitter and other online media sites.

0 Likes
jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ill give that a shot. I  have my router also direct connected to TV via ethernet. Ill let you know what the outcome is and then post.... Sounds like the last resort...

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@jonb_E350 wrote:

Ill give that a shot. I  have my router also direct connected to TV via ethernet. Ill let you know what the outcome is and then post.... Sounds like the last resort...

Can’t hurt....😀

if I told you the day I am having your tv issue would be a relief. Apple has put out another iOS update. We have 8+ Apple devices and they just are acting strange. 

0 Likes
Stoneface57
Enthusiast - Level 2

SOLVED  Make sure your STB has the latest updates mine missed 2 updates once updated all fine you should have 4 . 9  version if not call and have them do factory reset  : GO TO  menu   settings  system system info 

jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got home last night and to my surprise I was still having the same **bleep** problem after seeing a post of the new update. I did the daily usual and unplugged my set top box and plugged it back in and waited the 5 minutes and the signal was sent to my Sony tv and my FiOS came on. I went into the settings and saw the newest version of the update and thought this has be it. So I switched over to the Netflix app on my Sony TV and watched it for about an hour. I pressed the TV button on the remote and to my surprise the "no input message" appeared as it has for the last so many months. What was weird was I switch over to my Sony remote and hit the guide button and the FiOS TV Guide showed all the channels and displayed what was on these channels and I had the option to go to the next day and the next day. I clicked on ESPN and it showed me what was playing and other information. It had a button to "view channel" and I clicked on it and it came to the screen where it posted the "no input". So what I cannot figure out is why I have the newest update, everyone else's box is sending the signal, I can view the guide on my tv through the Sony remote, but when I click on the channel in the Sony tv guide it states it has no signal from the STB. **bleep**???? It has to be sending a signal to the TV, otherwise I couldn’t see all my FiOS channels and line up, but then when I want to watch the channel, and it has the no signal message that has been showing for the last several months. I called Verizon and they stated they needed to send a technician out, but only to be disconnected after on hold for an hour. What a disappointment. Can anyone on here make sense of this and maybe provide some type of reason? I have done all the tricks everyone has told me and now this... Stuck like chuck.....

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the system update?

I just check mine and it hasn't updated yet.

jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

So everyone should have the newest 4.9 update.  Here is the schedule:

Wednesday, February 28: VHO 11 (Western PA), VHO 14 (Central PA), VHO 15 (Upstate NY)

Thursday, March 1: Alexa Skill goes live on Skill Store

Tuesday, March 6: VHO 5 (Downstate NY & Connecticut), VHO 6 (Massachusetts & Rhode Island), VHO 9 (Southern VA)

Thursday, March 8: VHO 4 (Maryland, D.C., & Northern VA), VHO 7 (Northern NJ), VHO 8 (Southern NJ, Eastern PA, & Delaware)

I checked and have the 4.9 but it didnt solve my issue with sending a signal to my sony tv. I talked to a tech and they escalated my ticket up higher and gave me a ticket number. They went through all the troubleshooting and stated the updates didnt work on my box/tv and were going to send a tech out to try and troubleshoot the next day but that was denied becuase verizon stated that it would be  a waste of time. I asked if I was the only one with the issue and they stated I am not and other customers have experienced the same thing even with the new updates. So to a point it makes me feel better that I am not the only one, but in a way why did the updates not solve everyone's issue like the software developers worked on for so long. They just told me the developers would be working on another update to try and fix the last bit of customers who still have the signal issue.  Does anyone know if a comparable DVR STB is availible that does work with the new Sony HD 4K tvs? This way it would be a simple swap and not having to unplug and plug 3x-4x a day. My current promotion is the free VMS1100 so I dont want to upgrade and be charged. Thoughts??

0 Likes
jonb_E350
Enthusiast - Level 2

imageStill unplugging and replugging

0 Likes