Set top box doesn't stretch picture
chewbkka67
Enthusiast - Level 2

recently I notice that the picture on the tv wasn't stretching to the different sizes. My other tv continues to stretch or change from different screen sizes. My bedroom tv which I have the problem the set top box is set for sd override and the tv menu is set for standard. do I need a new set top box. the same things on mine tv room set top box is the same as the bedroom but the bedroom indicators don't work. can anyone help

0 Likes
Re: Set top box doesn't stretch picture
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

some HD channels show content in 4:3, is this happening all the time, and on what channel is it happening on, all channels?

0 Likes
chewbkka67
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens to all the channels. checking other questions pertaining to this, I tried different methods and it happens when my a/v cable out of my stb. I pulled the yellow out and the picture goes back and stretches. this a/v was going into my dvd recorder. now I have a composite hookup until I figure what is wrong with stb video out connection that changes my tv screen. Do I need to call verizon for a new stb because this never happen and the other one works fine. thanks

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

pretty sure that is a known issue, there is an update coming out later this month that should resolve the issue.

0 Likes
chewbkka67
Enthusiast - Level 2

Is it coming from Verizon and how r they gonna communicate with us about this problem. so r you saying hold off or contact verizon and get a new stb. thanks

0 Likes
Donald_Linbin
Contributor - Level 1

@chewbkka67 wrote:

Is it coming from Verizon and how r they gonna communicate with us about this problem. so r you saying hold off or contact verizon and get a new stb. thanks

the problem is that the yellow cable is causing the box to switch to 4:3 mode, I'm pretty sure this is a known issue that is supposed to be resolved in a later update, you can contact verizon to verify and see if a reset on the box will fix it.

0 Likes
chewbkka67
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the help. do I contact customer service or technical assistence about this problem. I will let you know what they tell me.

0 Likes
spacedebris
Master - Level 2

You could contact tech support but what they would tell you is that the pic will not stretch when using SD cables. red, white, yellow.

They will tell you to connect your box via either component cables (red green blue red and white) or HDMI.  Otherwise they will not support the stretch mode.

0 Likes
chewbkka67
Enthusiast - Level 2

but the funny thing is I have the hdmi connected from stb to the tv. is the yellow video component changing the screen ( when I use the y,b, w, a/v cables)when I hookup my dvd recorder. now i have the rgb to the dvd recorder from the stb. . I lost the audio to my other tv that is split from the stb. now I have a s-video going from stb to a rf modulator but I use to have a white red a/v cable to the rf moduator but it only worked when the dvd recorder was on and I had that plug in the dvd recorder audio out. now I have only video. the whole yellow video out on the stb is throwing everything off. I never had this problem before. thanks

0 Likes