Re: DVR BOX REBOOT
EW11

I am having this same issue, just started happening tonite, July 11th 2018. at least now that I know its happening to others it must be some kind of crappy update or something.  its fine if I watch one channel and don't go into the guide or change the channel. but when I change the channel it reboots and the display reads 888888 or somethiing. I hope they fix this soon! god knows that verizon will never send an email or anything about the issue, so i guess we are on our own.

0 Likes
Re: Set Top Box Keeps Rebooting On Its Own
AL-NYC

Same here in NYC.  Rebooting almost everytime I pull up the channel guide.  It happen once several days ago, but tonight is happening almosty everytime I use the guide.  I have to manually punch in the channel to change the channel.  I already tried rebooting the STB, but still the same issue.  Sounds like a long wait for an verizon agent, so I'll wait until tomorrow to see if there is still an issue and then call it in.  Maybe its a defective STB, but sounds like a software issue.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

What model stbs? Legacy or quantum?

Another way to contact support is via twitter @verizonsupport

0 Likes
AL-NYC

The model STB I have is Motorola.

0 Likes
krams015

Same here in Laurel, MD any time I try and navigate the guide. After the reboot I was able to set the channel by directly specifying the channel, then I tried to change the channel by again specifying the channel and the box went to reboot when I tried to display the Guide. Problem at my house and also across town at my freind’s. Sound like a system problem.

0 Likes
Sgk11

Same problem for me. Started this evening. Triggered by navigating the menu

0 Likes
krams015

At 11:00 pm Everything is working.

0 Likes
EW11

so is this resolved for everyone now? I am not home right now and can't check..but I will check tonite.

0 Likes
Re: Set top box keeps rebooting
dthela
Enthusiast - Level 3

AND NO RESPONSE ON HERE FROM VERIZON!  THAT'S BULL**bleep**!

Re: Set top box keeps rebooting
AL-NYC

8:30 PM in NYC.  Everything seems to be ok for now.  Used the channel guide and jumped around and channel surfed for several minutes with no issues. Let's hope it stays that way.

0 Likes