Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-Store & Curbside Pickup or same day delivery.

Set top box keeps rebooting

CRobGauth
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Set top box keeps rebooting

Message 41 of 45
(4,824 Views)

This is basically a user supported forum.
You won't see resonses from Verizon on issues posted here.

You might try contacting support (1800 Verizon or twitter @verizonsupport) to see if they can shed some light on the issue.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
joybar
Contributor
Contributor

Message 42 of 45
(4,820 Views)

I had the same problem last night.  Followed the instructions to disconnect the power from the box and reconnect and even rebooted the router but the problem wasn't fixed.  Called Verizon this morning and there was about a 30 minute wait for customer service.  Left my name and number for a call back.  They called me 30 minutes later and were able to update the firmware on the box from their end and problem solved.

Once they called it only took about 5 minutes to get everything working again and another 5 minutes to make sure the box was functioning ok.  Hope this helps.

janism
Contributor
Contributor

Message 43 of 45
(1,619 Views)

We now have had 3 different set top boxes, 2 routers, a new ONT box installed,  2 service techs and a foreman come out ans we still have the set top box rebooting when we try to search for on demand movies. No one seems to know what to do. Very frustrating.  Any answers??

sportsguy01
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 44 of 45
(1,493 Views)

I have the fios tv one boxes and all of them keep shutting off or rebooting and the DVR one is not coming back on after it reboots.  I pay $300 a month and this happens, after being lied to by verizon that my price would go down if I got fios one, now I have issues with boxes.  Not a happy camper with Verizon the last couple of months. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Moderator

Message 45 of 45
(1,469 Views)

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title