Set top box reboots constantly since Nov update
kenc2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

I've noticed since the Nov update and my DVR expander is plugged in to the set top box anytime i access the DVR menu it reboots. No matter what I do, schedule, reschedule, delete or sometimes just watching TV. I thought maybe an issue with the expander drive and just recently bought a new one but still having the same problem. Seems to be worse with the new expander. it only seems to be a problem when the expander is connected. After the 6 or 7 reboots in an hour it will come back online and not recognize the exapander and that point works fine.

I had contacted Verizon back in Decemeber and January and wanted to replace the DVR box, i told them thats the fix for everything and then lose all the shows in the DVR. What's the purpose of paying and having that if anytime the box goes bad it needs to be replace. Honestly, I think it was something with the update and possibly the new code disable the esata port or did something, Verizon's way of getting you to upgrade to the higher capacity Qunatum. After reading all the issues I'm about ready to go back to Optimum. Verizon is horrible and their customer support is even worse.

0 Likes
Re: Set top box reboots constantly since Nov update
nhat_nguyen

I have a similar problem but I don't have a DVR expander. As of the latest firmware update on the Arris VMS1100, the DVR will reboot numerous times within an hour. Single episodes show up as 4 recordings on the DVR, the oldest of which is basically a null recording. All of the episode information is displayed but no content was actually recorded. The remaining recordings contain recorded content in varying lengths. Tonight, this occured with 4 shows I have scheduled to record. The VMS1100 rebooted 4 times during each recording. 

But that's not all. In the event that a full episode is recorded, the DVR will reboot at random during playback. Resume playback once rebooted and the DVR will reboot yet again. Watch live TV and the DVR will reboot. Somedays are worse than others, but the story is always the same. Reboot after reboot after reboot.

On the brighter side, I haven't noticed the lag between remote and DVR.

0 Likes