Switch Account

Set top box turns off after 15 seconds

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Set top box turns off after 15 seconds

Message 1 of 4
(1,415 Views)

A message said that the service was being updated. It should take about 15 minutes. Now, both of my boxes turn off after about 15 seconds. The wifi still works. When I turn the box on, it says initial download in progress. Then, the TV comes on for about 15 seconds and the whole process starts over!!!  Help!!!!!

Thanks,

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Set top box turns off after 15 seconds

Message 2 of 4
(1,414 Views)

Same thing is happening to me as well.  Been on phone for 30 minutes without any human so far. 

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(1,412 Views)

I am in Portsmouth, VA.  Same area??

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Message 4 of 4
(1,383 Views)

I’ve been trying to watch TV for hours today, and my box kept rebooting.  I reset the box (pulled power and reconnected) without success.

For grins I power cycled my router and voila, the rebooting stopped. This was after I went through the troubleshooter and requested a new box (mine is MANY years old).  We’ll see if I get a new box and I’ll swap it out, but for now, I’m back watching TV.

Hope this helps.  Give it a try.

By the way, I’m in Virgina Beach.

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.