Setting a Reminder on FiOS DVR
Netplex
Are there any plans to allow customers who have FiOS DVRs to set a reminder for a future program?  This was an extremely nice feature available with Comcast DVRs.
0 Likes
Re: Setting a Reminder on FiOS DVR
SQUIDWARD360
Enthusiast - Level 2
I can't say I ever used it on Comcast or would with Fios.  I just set it to record in case I forget it's on. I might be watching something else when the reminder comes up and not want to switch over yet. Since it's recording I don't have to.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

@SQUIDWARD360 wrote:
I can't say I ever used it on Comcast or would with Fios.  I just set it to record in case I forget it's on. I might be watching something else when the reminder comes up and not want to switch over yet. Since it's recording I don't have to.

I put myself in the same camp, I just don't think I would ever use it (it is available on the SD STB, the QIP2500, have had two for more than three years and have never used the Reminder once). I guess my view is that to set a reminder I would have to go to the Guide to see the program I want to be reminded of, so once I am there I just hit the Record button and its done, I get the recording even if I am not home, can easily delete it if I decide not to watch, and it is there if I want to watch it. I have seen others ask for a reminder function, with a DVR I personally just don't see the need, but to each his own I guess....

Of course one issue with recording instead of having a reminder function is the lack of disk space to hold recordings, so recording means you need to carefully manage the recordings and delete those no longer needed.

Keller, TX 76248

Message Edited by Justin on 06-28-2009 12:16 PM
0 Likes
Netplex
Even though you can set a recording, sometimes I would like to see reminder for a live program.  This is especially true for a sporting event.  With the Comcast system, you have the option of switching to the program you set the reminder for, or continuing to watch something else.  It was a nice feature.
0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

Netplex,

One of the interesting things in life, at least to me, is how we all have such different views on things. I respect your preference, I just have no interest in it myself. But maybe Verizon will step up and provide both functions, and then both of us will be happy (but then again, others will come up with other choices, and they won't be happy until Verizon provides those....).

Anyway, it works the way I like it  Smiley Very Happy 

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes