Setting series recording on show not currently airing
KimD913

I switched to Fios from cable a few months ago and have to say I find setting up recordings a lot more difficult and time consuming. One question I have is.....is there a way to set up a series recording when the show is not currently airing? For instance Season 2 of Westworld is starting in April and I don't want to miss recording it but see no option for setting that up now. I thought that's what Bookmark meant but I was obviously wrong as I missed the first 6 episodes of Victoria on PBS that I had bookmarked. What does BOOKMARK do?

i would appreciate any help on this.

Kim

0 Likes
Re: Setting series recording on show not currently airing
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately no way to schedule a series if there isn't an episode in the guide.

If you can find a repeat episode, you can schedule a series based on theat.

Bookmarks are a way to save something you have searched for and found.

Maybe there is a movie you like but is only available for purchase.

Bookmark it and come back later. Check your bookmarks and see if it is finally avilable for rent.

0 Likes
Mitch69691234
Enthusiast - Level 1

Fios sucks! It’s so hard to record anything, even if you can find it, and it’s playing they make it hard to record it. Why would you not be able to record something if it’s not on yet but will be. Get with the times fios!

Hasn’t Changed for the better in the 6 years I’ve had fios. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don’t understand what’s so hard. You go in the guide and find the show hit the red record button. Hit it once that is a one time recording and hit it twice it will ask if you want to record the series. 

Over the years I have had a DVR with Comcast, DirecTV, and FiOS and the functionality of all of them are the same. 

0 Likes
NewtoFiOSBB
Enthusiast - Level 3

I know this was posted months ago but how can you say it's the same as Comcast when you can easily navigate to a show that is not currently airing and setup a series recording using Comcast sevices when it has been established right here that you cannot do this with FiOS? Unless you actually have the answer to the original poster and me as to how to do so but, again, I think it's been clarified that you cannot. 

0 Likes
thundermcdaniel

For the longest time I could search a show and regardless whether it was currently in the guide or wasn’t on for a few months, it was easy to record the series. I recently had my set top boxes changed with new remotes and now I can only record shows that are currently on.  Did you ever figure a way to get it done?

0 Likes
Kllo

I agree its 2020 and this is still not possible. I switched to vz fios and im trying to set my recorded shows but i cant record the new series that are not on the guide yet?! Vz needs to get with it.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes