Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you switch and bring your phone.

Setting up FIOS STB with Windows Media Center

Yosho2k
Contributor
Contributor

Setting up FIOS STB with Windows Media Center

Message 1 of 2
(5,439 Views)

Hi all, let me preface my question with the following information.

I have a Sony VAIO PC with a built in tuner. Originally, I had DirecTV hooked in through the s-video connection on my tuner and Media Center would control channel changing (IR blaster) and guide features. DirecTV set it up for us, so I do not know how it was done.

Recently, I had FIOS put in, and using the same connections, the WMC worked just fine. However, I just installed Windows 7, so my previous configuration has been erased.

I am trying to set up WMC to receive its signal from the Verizon FIOS box over s-video, but I can't find any TV setting control other than setting up a digital tuner.

How do I configure WMC to work with the Verizon FIOS box?

1 REPLY 1
hokie
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Re: Setting up FIOS STB with Windows Media Center

Message 2 of 2
(5,360 Views)

You should be able to choose the cable box from the tuner setup page.   According to a setup page from Microsoft:

• On the start screen, scroll to Tasks, click settings, click TV, and then click Set Up TV Signal. Follow the steps to connect a TV signal, depending on the type of tuner or tuners that the cable is connected to, as well as the type of programming to which you subscribe.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title