Setting up a new Verizon Reciever
madron
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I just purchased a like new Verizon QIP 2500-1 from an estate auction.  I am currently a subscriper to fios and signed up for 4 cable boxes that are included in my monthy bill.  I would like to conect this box to another TV in my home.  I have several concerns:  Can I do this myself or must I have Verizon come out to do the install and activate the box.  If I can do this will there be any additional monthly charges.

Regards,

Madron

0 Likes
Re: Setting up a new Verizon Reciever
downfall21
Enthusiast - Level 2

They will not activate a box that is not being rented from them. It will be considered stolen since they only rent the boxes.

Whoever did the estate sale should not have sold something that is the property of Verizon.

They do the same thing when you buy a box off of Ebay or from another source and try to activate it.

0 Likes
matcarl
Master - Level 1
Hope you didn't pay too much for that new Door Stop! Maybe you should try to bring it back if they are still there, tell them they made a mistake in selling it, it's the property of Verizon.
Message Edited by matcarl on 02-25-2009 12:45 PM
0 Likes
Techman28
Master - Level 1
ok Madron I'll give you a buzz and I'll see what can be done for ya.
0 Likes
prisaz
Legend
Perhaps if you turn it in you will not be found guilty of receiving stolen property. Just kidding. May get a reward.Smiley Wink
0 Likes