Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.

Shield with green cross icon on DVR menu

travelcookies
Contributor
Contributor

Shield with green cross icon on DVR menu

Message 1 of 4
(16,297 Views)

I recently recorded a program on my dvr.  When I go to play it, the play option has a grey shield with a green cross and will not play the recorded show.  What am I doing wrong?  I've had the dvr for over a year and have never seen this before.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Re: Shield with green cross icon on DVR menu

Message 2 of 4
(16,280 Views)

That symbol is supposed to indicate that the program is protected from deletion (marked as "save unitl I delete").  It should have no impact on your playback.  You can try removing the protection and see if it will play, but I don't expect that to make a difference (not at home so I can't give you the exact steps on the DVR menu selections).

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
travelcookies
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 4
(16,231 Views)

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 4 of 4
(16,225 Views)

travelcookies,

Not that this will help you at all, but I have several recordings on my Verizon DVR that are protected and show the shield and cross, and they all play just fine.

But I am wondering, do you get any kind of error message or any error indication at all when you try to play the recording, or does it just sit there and do nothing?

Keller, TX 76248

How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.
Modal Dialogue Title