Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Show reminder?

gp98gtx
Contributor
Contributor

Show reminder?

Message 1 of 9
(11,195 Views)
Im a noob here so please fogive my silly question. I just got my Fios installed Friday and Im still playing around with it.  Please tell me Im missing something, but is there a "remind me" feature with Fios?  It was a really handy feature with Time Warner.
8 REPLIES 8
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Re: Show reminder?

Message 2 of 9
(11,180 Views)

There is a reminder feature on the QIP2500 SD STB, there is not one on the QIP6416 HD DVR. I don't know whether the newer QIP7x boxes have a reminder feature or not since I do not have those boxes. I have never used the reminder feature, but it is my understanding that all it does is pop up to remind you, it does not change the channel as apparently a similar feature does on other systems.

Keller, TX

gp98gtx
Contributor
Contributor

Message 3 of 9
(11,176 Views)
Thaks for the info.  I have the HD DVR.  The reminder is a very helpful feature, hopefully it will be added to it someday.
Keyboards
Gold Contributor VII
Gold Contributor VII

Message 4 of 9
(11,143 Views)

@Justin wrote:

...  but it is my understanding that all it does is pop up to remind you, it does not change the channel as apparently a similar feature does on other systems.

Keller, TX

Actually, I have the 2500 and the reminder does change the channel.  It was there originally, disappeared with one of the IMG updates and returned with the latest IMG incarnation.  However, it puts a message up on the screen and holds it slightly past the start of the show before changing channels.

If a forum member gives an answer you like, give them the Kudos they deserve. If a member gives you the answer to your question, mark the answer as Accepted Solution so others can see the solution to the problem.
Justin
Platinum Contributor III Platinum Contributor III
Platinum Contributor III

Message 5 of 9
(11,132 Views)

Keyboards,

Thanks for the correction. As I said, I have never used the feature, but I do remember quite a bit of discussion a couople of years ago about how it didn't change the channel. Good to know Verizon did implement that.

Keller, TX

johnritch
Copper Contributor
Copper Contributor

Message 6 of 9
(10,949 Views)

I too am new to Verizon FIOS.  I had comcast before and loved the reminder feature, but I can't seem to locate it in Verizon's service.  Can someone give me a brief description on where I can find this option?

Thank you.

zooky
Bronze Contributor II
Bronze Contributor II

Message 7 of 9
(10,934 Views)

@johnritch wrote:

I too am new to Verizon FIOS.  I had comcast before and loved the reminder feature, but I can't seem to locate it in Verizon's service.  Can someone give me a brief description on where I can find this option?

Thank you.

When browsing through the Guide when you encounter a program that interests you just click on the big, middle, buttdon in the top1/3 of your remote and it will set the Reminder.  Unfortunately, once set you don't have the option of seeing what Reminders you've set (unless you brose through the Guide, again).

samr46
Contributor
Contributor

Message 8 of 9
(10,468 Views)
OK, so as i understand it, the DVR's do not have reminder featureeven if it does not change channel this was an indispensable feature with Comcast because i could hit tune and it would show me all remindersthen i could scroll back and forth between movies/showsAny chance the DVR's will get this anytime soonMajor enhancement in my book.
KenAF
Silver Contributor IV
Silver Contributor IV

Message 9 of 9
(10,455 Views)

@samr46 wrote:
OK, so as i understand it, the DVR's do not have reminder featureeven if it does not change channel this was an indispensable feature with Comcast because i could hit tune and it would show me all remindersthen i could scroll back and forth between movies/showsAny chance the DVR's will get this anytime soonMajor enhancement in my book.

That's correct.

Personally, I've never understood the desire for a reminder.  If you care enough about a show to watch it, why not just record it?

I record everything that I watch, as well as everything that I might watch.  As an example, I have a recording for the daily news that is set to "keep 1 episode" so the current day's news always replaces the previous day's news --- this way, it doesn't clutter my DVR or take significant space away from the programs I really care about.  I don't watch the news every day, but it's always there -- with the ability to skip commercials -- when I want it.   The same is true of a several other programs.

If you are the original poster (OP) and your issue is solved, please remember to click the "Solution?" button so that others can more easily find it.
How-To Videos

The following videos were produced by users like you!

Videos are subject to the Verizon Fios Community Terms of Service and User Guidelines and contains content that is not created by Verizon.
Have a spare Fios-G1100?Learn how to bridge it into your network
Get Started

Covid19

Browse Categories
Categories:
Verizon Troubleshooters
Unable to find your answer here? Try searching Verizon Troubleshooters for more options.