Showtime anytime skips and is slow Hbo Go works fine
cedarwaxwing
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've used HBOGo to watch many online programs wirelessly and it has worked well, for the most part. Today I wanted to wactch something from ShowtimeAnytime and it was so slow and kept loading, I could not keep watching. Is there a difference in the bandwith needed between the two channels? For the record all other streaming movie and tv websites work fine (Netflix, MaxGo, Epix, HuluPlus, etc).

Thanks,

Dona

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Showtime anytime skips and is slow Hbo Go works fine
PJL
Master - Level 3

@cedarwaxwing wrote:

I've used HBOGo to watch many online programs wirelessly and it has worked well, for the most part. Today I wanted to wactch something from ShowtimeAnytime and it was so slow and kept loading, I could not keep watching. Is there a difference in the bandwith needed between the two channels? For the record all other streaming movie and tv websites work fine (Netflix, MaxGo, Epix, HuluPlus, etc).

Thanks,

Dona

ShowtimeAnytime runs a plugin called Widevine (a Google product) and the plugin is not very good.  Although I get a smooth stream on my Windows 7 64 bit PC using IE 9 32 bit, the plugin will not work with IE 9 64 bit.  On top of that, ShowtimeAnytime is SD only,  HBOGo and MaxGo use a different plugin and offer HD streaming.

View solution in original post

PJL
Master - Level 3

@cedarwaxwing wrote:

Thanks,

Dona

ShowtimeAnytime runs a plugin called Widevine (a Google product) and the plugin is not very good.  Although I get a smooth stream on my Windows 7 64 bit PC using IE 9 32 bit, the plugin will not work with IE 9 64 bit.  On top of that, ShowtimeAnytime is SD only,  HBOGo and MaxGo use a different plugin and offer HD streaming.

cedarwaxwing
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your feedback. I hope it changes sometime soon.

0 Likes