Sign on for NBC Olympic premium content
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

At nbcolympics.com they have live coverage of some events - but require you to sign on to you current provider.  FIOS is an option - but I can't seen to sign on to my account....  Anyone else having the same issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sign on for NBC Olympic premium content
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@BrianHarg wrote:

At nbcolympics.com they have live coverage of some events - but require you to sign on to you current provider.  FIOS is an option - but I can't seen to sign on to my account....  Anyone else having the same issue?

BrianHarg,

You should be able to authenticate with your verizon.net info.  I was just able to do so with a .net account.  Make sure you are using your .net login info as I'm not sure if .com login creds should work or not.

Regards,

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

I would be happy to try to help, but I don't understand what "sign on" you are referring to. I went to the site, entered my zip, slected FiOS digital (I have no idea what the difference between FiOS digital and FiOS cable is), the site had already selected my local station, and it took me to the schedule. I did not try to go beyond that.

That is such a busy web page that I cannot find any place to sign on - can you give me a pointer to where it is?

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

about half way down the main screen - there is a "results spotlight" section.  a little while ago there was some hockey there that had a "watch live." when I hit that it took me to a "one-time" sign on that had me select Verizon FiOS and then asked me to sign on to my verizon account (it poped up a verizon sign-on screen w/ user name and password).  I can't find any live content right now.

UPDATE:  if you go to the "video" tab - about half down the screen on the right there is a place to watch full replays - they make you sign-on as well.

0 Likes
Justin46
Legend

OK, found it. And you are right, it won't accept my Verizon login info either. I have no idea how to fix it, I will see if a Moderator or Administrator or Verizon FSC rep can help. But it may be a long time, it is Saturday night Smiley Very Happy

Edit: Have asked for help, will just have to wait and see if we can get some. Sorry, but I cannot do anything else.

Keller, TX 76248

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

@BrianHarg wrote:

BrianHarg,

You should be able to authenticate with your verizon.net info.  I was just able to do so with a .net account.  Make sure you are using your .net login info as I'm not sure if .com login creds should work or not.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

The login states "To view videos, you will need to subscribe to FiOS Internet and FiOS TV with NBC."  Since I'm not an internet customer, I cannot access this just like with ESPN360.com.  Too bad Verizon blocks out anyone with TV service only.

0 Likes
BrianHarg
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK - I found if I sign into Verizon.net first - and then try to access the nbc content - it recognizes the authentication.....

0 Likes
LivLiv

Hi folks --

I hate to bust into a thread that's already labeled solved, especially after it was moved to the FiOS TV board. Mods, please feel free to move this post if that would be more appropriate -- this seems to be the only discussion of the NBC Olympic premium content.

Brian couldn't sign in to the NBC Olympics video participating cable/satellite/IPTV paywall with his Verizon FiOS log-in. But my problem is one step back. I have Verizon High Speed Internet (FiOS isn't available in my area), and that isn't even an option on the list of providers.

The thing is, this Verizon press release ((http://newscenter.verizon.com/press-releases/verizon/2010/verizon-brings-customers-nbc.html) says that Verizon High Speed Internet customers are supposed to have access to the premium Olympics video.

(The relevant bit: “Verizon's FiOS Internet and High Speed Internet customers will have access to more than 400 hours of live event competition and more than 1,000 hours of on-demand access to full-event replays from Vancouver, as well as extensive highlights such as event recaps, best-of montages, commentator analysis and athlete-specific clips.")

I tried a chat with Verizon tech support -- useless. I also had a long phone call with customer service; an agent called David did his best but couldn't find out what the story is.

So -- I'd be very grateful if someone can tell me if Verizon High Speed Internet customers are getting access to the premium video -- and if not, why not. (PS -- I don't believe that it's slow download speeds, since NBC claims that users will have a "good" experience even with download speeds as slow as 900Kbps).

Liv

0 Likes
VZ_Christian
Contributor - Level 2

LivLiv wrote:

I'd be very grateful if someone can tell me if Verizon High Speed Internet customers are getting access to the premium video -- and if not, why not. (PS -- I don't believe that it's slow download speeds, since NBC claims that users will have a "good" experience even with download speeds as slow as 900Kbps).

Liv

LivLiv,

At this time, in order to take advantage of this bonus feature you must be a subscriber to Verizon FiOS TV service that includes CNBC and MSNBC.

Regards,

Chris

0 Likes
BrianC
Contributor - Level 3

Christian, I believe your statement may only be partially true.  I am a subscriber to FiOS TV service and have these channels, but cannot access the videos on the web site because I do not have a verizon.net ID since I am not an internet subscriber.  If this is not the case, then please let me know how I can access videos on the NBC Olympics site.

0 Likes