Signal Drop Using HDMI or Component "Fixed"
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

Sony 46v5100 2009 1080P Television

Motorola 7216-2 STB

I have tired everything to fix the above.  $150 worth of HDMI cables including Monoprice and Monster;  stupid Monster component state of the art cables or so I used to think.   Anyway, as you all know nothing has worked and I still had 1-3 second disconnects where the screen went black and I lost sound.  I seldom, if ever, went one hour without a disconnect.  My picture using component sucked compared to HDMI but...............neither worked.

The "Fix":   As much as I hate to suggest this, it has worked completely for our home.  I simply changed the video format to 720P from 1080i using component cables and I have not lost my signal for the last several days of normal use.  The strangest thing is my picture improved using the 720P on component versus using 1080i using component.

That is it.  It worked for me and I hope it helps someone else.   For my other 7216, I returned it and got a TivoHD and I just love it.   Absolutely no hassles and very excellent streaming from Netlfix although there is no closed captioning on the streaming..

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Signal Drop Using HDMI or Component "Fixed"
TonyXL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using HDMI, I was having the same issue with 1080i. Switching to 720p (still using HDMI) has fixed the problem completely.

Any word from Verizon on when this will be fixed???

View solution in original post

Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

I did not realize someone else had posted a similar idea in May 2009.   Question:  will it work using an HDMI cable but set the STB to 720P?

0 Likes
TonyXL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using HDMI, I was having the same issue with 1080i. Switching to 720p (still using HDMI) has fixed the problem completely.

Any word from Verizon on when this will be fixed???

TonyXL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Problem seems to be fixed after IMG 1.7 update. 1080i via HDMI, no flicker for 2 weeks or so.

0 Likes
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks to TonyXL for the update.  I hate to touch something that is working but I will give it a shot and see if I have the same luck with 1.7 as you have.

0 Likes