Signal Drop Using HDMI or Component
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

I hope IMG 1.7 is the answer to having a usable HD DVR 7216.   For what it is worth, I have tried 6 diferrent HDMI cables and 4  different component cables on 5 televisions (3 different models of HD Sonys, 1 SD Panasonic, and 1 SD Toshiba) and the signal drops on the HD sets whether I use HDMI or component although HDMI is much worse.  The SD box is great.   The two 7216's both are or were (one is now a Tivo) horrible when it came to retaining a signal.  I bought a Tivo and it works well on all four televisions.  Never a problem but it doesn't offer VOD,

So, the answer is IMG 1.7 works or I will lose another $350 on a second Tivo.  It would be nice to have VOD but not if you can't watch for one hour without a signal disconnect.  Actually, I don't think a second Tivo should be a solution so if IMG 1.7 doesn't work I will go back to Dish Network, pay someone to rehook up my copper lines and use DSL and wireless from T-Mobile.

I would also add that I used to reommend FIOS but now I recommend anything but FIOS.   The main reason is if the regualtors stupidly approve the sale to Frontier there may never be enough capital to fix the problems and the secondary reason is they have an unstable and imo, unusable HD DVR..

0 Likes
Re: Signal Drop Using HDMI or Component
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

1.7 should be your answer but in the meantime have you tried to change your video format in the set top box menu/video settings to see if this helps.e.g. if 1080 change it to 720 and test...  When do you notice the no signal happening most often?  When turning the set top box on?

0 Likes
RTA

I have this problem also on a 6416 DVR.  In fact I ran a component cable in addition to an HDMI cable and both dropped the video.  It was a real pain as the DVR was recording a program at the time.  The only way I found to recover the signal is to remove power to the DVR.  Will 1.7 fix this problem on a 6416?  When and how will 1.7 be available?

This problem is getting old as it's been around for several months.

RTA in Olney Md

0 Likes
Humble
Enthusiast - Level 3

To:  Joe D

I have the STB set at 108i and the SD Override to "OFF".  I do not  fully understand your point.

0 Likes
VZ_JoeD
Contributor - Level 1

@RTA wrote:

I have this problem also on a 6416 DVR.  In fact I ran a component cable in addition to an HDMI cable and both dropped the video.  It was a real pain as the DVR was recording a program at the time.  The only way I found to recover the signal is to remove power to the DVR.  Will 1.7 fix this problem on a 6416?  When and how will 1.7 be available?

This problem is getting old as it's been around for several months.

RTA in Olney Md

1.7 rollout was completed in TX and CA.  Coming to a Place near you soon.. There has been some very positive feedback.

0 Likes