Skip and Replay - no time line info bar
BonAir

until recent upgrade of DVR by Verizon about a week ago, whenever we used the Skip ahead (next curvey arrow) or Replay (Prev curvey arrow) on the remote, we would see the Info bar with Timeline on bottom of screen, now we that doesn't come up anymore when using either of these keys?  Anyone know how to get the Info bar back when using these keys?   I wish they'd have more user controlled options for things like this.

0 Likes
Re: Skip and Replay - no time line info bar
birdistasty

You know what - now that you mentioned it, I noticed that the other night, too.

I'll have to unplug the box tomorrow to reset some recording issues, so I'll see if that fixes it, too. 

0 Likes
Baff

I'm not sure that change is a bug.  A lot of people were annoyed by the info bar coming up when using skip and replay.  I know I hated it.

If you really want to see the info bar, just about any other button you press will bring it up. 

0 Likes
birdistasty

Well, like I said, I was having recorder issues, so I unplugged the power for about a minute or so.  Lo and behold, my progress bar has returned!  Yay!!!

See if that works for you.

0 Likes
BonAir
thanks for your feedback birdistasty, i tried that with my DVR too, ie, unplugged it, disconnected the cable, waited about 30 mins while i did some chores, reconnected it, but it didn't bring back the progress info bar when using the Next and Prev arrows.  Wish i could figure that one out, thanks to anyone who has any ideas how to fix this.
0 Likes
birdistasty

Well, boo.  Maybe you got the new "fix" and they took it away because too many people complained?

If that's what happened, then I'm going to be a little upset when we get the new version...  I kinda like being able to see how much I have left to watch and whatnot.  Why can't they just make that one of the adjustable settings?

I dunno what to tell ya..  Sorry I couldn't help 😞 

0 Likes
My "status bar" is gone, too...
John_in_VA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Our HD STB required re-initialization this past Wed 8/27 (funny that my next-door neighbor's box went out the same night) and the status bar (as described on page 47 of the FiOS TV user guide) now only appears when I pause a program.

I reached a human tech today, and he had me unplug our STB and computer modem, and re-initialized the STB again - no change...  He said it takes ~15 minutes to download everything to the box - still no change.

I thought there might be a setting for me to select to have the status bar function, but I found nothing.

Today is the first time I've visited & posted to this forum.  Does anyone from Verizon read these?

0 Likes
Re: My "status bar" is gone, too...
CharlotteS
Moderator Emeritus

John_in_VA wrote:

Today is the first time I've visited & posted to this forum.  Does anyone from Verizon read these?

Hi,

This is a member-to-member support forum. For direct support and to offer feedback on Verizon products, please visit: http://www22.verizon.com/Residential/Support/ContactUs/ .

0 Likes
Re: My "status bar" is gone; FF and Rewind too slow, and DVR storage space insufficient
BonAir

i called a human tech at Fios a few minutes ago to ask about the now missing info status bar when using the NEXT and PREV keys for a recorded DVR show.   He re-loaded the DVR firmware to no avail, he concluded that they must have removed this feature from the firmware with the last update and he logged my request to bring it back.  He said if enough people complained about this now missing feature, they'd probably put it back.  I also complained about the insufficient DVR Storage space for HD shows and the slow speeds for fast forward  and rewind, which exaserbates the issue of the missing info bar when using PREV or NEXT on the remote.   Otherwise, i like the DVR functionality and FIOS TV pretty well. 

So, if you want these features, please let them know with email or call to customer support.  

Message Edited by BonAir on 08-29-2008 04:20 PM
0 Likes
Re: My "status bar" is gone, too...
Chris

@John_in_VA wrote:

I reached a human tech today, and he had me unplug our STB and computer modem, and re-initialized the STB again - no change...  He said it takes ~15 minutes to download everything to the box - still no change.

It is scary that Tech Support made you go through this process. This is an intentional change in IMG 1.6. He should have known that. I did.

Chris

0 Likes