Skip function improperly displays progress bar
VZLOLVZ

As of yesterday, the skip/replay functions (aka prev/next on the remote) display a progress bar at the bottom 1/8th of the screen.  I assume this is due to a recent firmware/software update.  Previously, the progress bar would only display when pressing fast forward, rewind, or play/pause, and the progress bar did not display when pressing prev/next.

This change is a major downgrade and annoyance. I use the skip/replay function a lot - perhaps 300 times during a baseball game on DVR, between pitches. The progress bar covers game information graphics (score, inning, count, etc) from the broadcaster.

Verizon, please issue a fix to restore the previous behavior of skip/replay NOT showing a progress bar.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Skip function improperly displays progress bar
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

We heard you and a fix is coming:

After reviewing these concerns with the development team, it appears that this change was inadvertently added. The team is working on reverting it back to its previous behavior.

In the interim, the team has asked to please adjust the setting by reducing the display time from 8 seconds to 2 seconds.

A permanent fix is coming in the next release.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II

View solution in original post

GDoan
Enthusiast - Level 3

I, too, have noticed this and feel your pain. 

What I’ve noticed:

1) When Skipping on a recorded or time delayed (not sure of proper term) program, the progress bar displays where previously the program just skipped forward the 10, 30, etc. seconds “seamlessly." I, too, find it annoying and distractingI

2) When Skipping time delayed (not sure of proper term) program and you get back to Live, if you press Skip, you get a dialog for "TV Genres & Filters Help" that says "Please check that Genres and Filters is enabled in Main Menu>Settings>System>Television>Genres and Filters. If not, please contact customer care. You then have to click Ok to dismiss it (or wait ~30 secs or so) for it to go away, during which time it perfectly obscures the score on the ballgame... If I enable the G&Fs setting, it the brings up the G&Fs menu when you hit Skip and you're already Live. That's not how it was working previously and is very annoying when trying to watch pseudo-live ballgames (Go Nats!)

Very, very annoying!

Greg

0 Likes
Davezon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too noticed the other bugs GDoan mentioned:

1) the progress bar displays when skipping.

2) the Genres and Filters displays (even though I have G&Fs disabled) sometimes when skipping when I get back to Live.

In addition, an old bug still exists: when I pause a program (recorded or live) and then try to skip (backwards or forwards) I get an erratic response (maybe it moves in the desired direction maybe it doesn't - often it moves in the wrong direction). Last year Verizon sent me a new DVR to supposedly fix this issue - but of course it didn't (ie, it was software - not the box itself).

0 Likes
dropp

Same here.

0 Likes
redzonewatcher

I have the same exact issue and it's driving me crazy. Please Verizon, at least allow us to change this in settings. Your "improvement" is a disaster.

0 Likes
Diamondsnthesky
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here.  Please issue a fix.

0 Likes
Nilsa_VZ
Community Manager
Community Manager

We heard you and a fix is coming:

After reviewing these concerns with the development team, it appears that this change was inadvertently added. The team is working on reverting it back to its previous behavior.

In the interim, the team has asked to please adjust the setting by reducing the display time from 8 seconds to 2 seconds.

A permanent fix is coming in the next release.

We apologize for this inconvenience.

Verizon Logo
Nilsa
Community Manager

Community Manager
Community Manager II
Timiam

Also the play button on live TV stops the video that's playing instead of displaying the info bar also the search menu results used to be on a nice readable grid now it's a little boxes that can't be read from across the room you have to go up to the TV and then push more info to get the information very

0 Likes
jgeoffm
Enthusiast - Level 2

I know you can't please everyone -- but I welcomed that "bug" and personally found it useful when skipping (usually past commercials) and at the same time seeing how much time is left in the recorded program.  Otherwise, I'd have to pause playback just to see how much time is remaining.  This "bug" is something I previously had as a "feature" and wanted it back -- got it -- but now it's gone again.  😕

Can you at least please make it an OPTION so customers can choose to see it or not? 

0 Likes
Rougeemt

YES......BRING IT BACK.... I have always seen it and like it and for the past month I thought something was wrong with my box when it was not there anymore.  Make it an option please that way everyone is happy not just the ones that can’t change the delay to 2 seconds.  Lol. PPPPPPLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSEEEE

0 Likes