Re: Slow Set Top Box Responses New Fios Quantum Box
SlowFiOS
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having ALL of the issues mentioned above. Especially the sluggish channel number entree. It will show the first two digits and then double the last and takes me to an annoying HOA channel that isn't active. It also delays after hitting play while fast forwarding or rewinding. Recording a show, or god forbid a series with options, takes a good 15 seconds for all responses to load. Surfing down the guide stalls every 3 to 4 clicks and skips. EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING!! Especially looking at what Verizon charges for this service! I am usually very patient with technogoly as I know how much is really involved to deliver such services but this is a downright botch in OS. It wasn't always like this though. I was very happy with the service originally. It wasn't until about a month ago this started happening and it has only gotten worse. I fear for what it might be like a month from now. Has anybody gotten a response or at least an acknowledgement from Verizon on this issue? This needs to be fixed or I will cancel ALL of my Verizon services immediately...

BillyBeer
Enthusiast - Level 2

You can add one more customer to the list with all these symptoms.  Verizon needs to get on the ball here and fix this stuff.

dagills22191
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, add me in. Slow. Unresponsive. Some "Skip 30 seconds forward" commands sent result in it skipping BACK. 20-30 seconds for it to respond to a simple record request.

Frustrating.

Spotman1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Another one with all the slow problems.  Any answer from Verizon on a fix?

NHYankee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Add me to the list of slowbees. Press Record in the guide and wait 30+ seconds for Record symbol meanwhile guide is frozen. Press Record again to add selection to Series list same 30+ sec wait/guide frozen. Select Play from Recorded list and wait 15-30 seconds for the show to begin. The crazy thing is it used to be better than it is right now. As a former product development engineer I find it unusual for a product to get worse with time, usally updates inprove the performance not make it worse. I need to check Firmware Release version to make sure I have the latest but I suspect I do and that is the cause of the slowdown.

NHYankee1
Enthusiast - Level 2

After posting yesterday I started watching on my set with DVR/Server and the video on the selected channel kept freezing. Switching to another channel then back would recover only to have it freeze again. I pressed Menu and selected Top Support Tools/Reboot STB/Ok. After the reboot the freezing was gone, the Record and Record Series response time was less than 5 seconds and the playback time was short again too.  I noted after the reboot the "Record indicator" (Red Dot) in the guide was different too. I'm just guessing but the reboot may have installed/enabled downloaded software changes in the same manner as the required restart after a MS Windows update on your computer. I know Verizon can do remote reboots too but may not for fear of interrupting something the user is doing?  For those with slow response times I suggest you give this the Reboot STB a try, It only takes a couple of minutes and nothing will be lost even if it doesn't fix your current issue(s). I plan to do a reboot whenever I have issues, as well as weekly even when I don't, just in case something has been fixed or improved.

900at
Enthusiast - Level 3

Add me to the list too.  Lag on the remote / DVR is bad and getting worse.  Selecting a channel or attempting any menu selections is not fun. Wife said it would be faster if the batteries in the remote were dead.  Not far off. 

coult

I have had some slow response as well.  I just got the boxes a few weeks ago.  So far it has not been too bad.  I like the idea of being able to record and watch on multiple tvs, but if the issues get worse I would consider switching back as well.

0 Likes
Lowb
Enthusiast - Level 1
Add me to the list..... Sad when you pay to upgrade from the old dvr only to get worse service. This is a result of inadequate software and hardware testing. I literally hit the record button for a show and wait 15 to 20 seconds for it to come back.
0 Likes
YankeesFan1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same here.  It's getting really annoying.  I select a channel for example 504 and 50 comes up or 54 or sometimes nothing.  What is the respone from Verizon?  Do they acknowledge we are having issues.

0 Likes