Re: Slow Set Top Box Responses New Fios Quantum Box
iismike24
Enthusiast - Level 2

We upgraded from FIOS TV to FIOS Quantum.  Very slow response to anything we do.  My wife wants to go back to regular FIOS tv.  I wish I had gone to Direct TV to get the NFL games.  I will not remew Verizon ever again. I will go to Roku and maybe Direct TV.  The tech people use to be great, but for the past two years they aren't any better than all the other low paid techs.

0 Likes
beth_gates

My quantum STB is extremely slow mostly on the hour. At other times it is usually responsive.

0 Likes
Aussiegirl4ever

We have had Fios for years now and until we switched to the new Quantum system every thing was fine. Response time was good. This new Quantum system is terrably slow. I don't know if it is the equipment or the programing that runs it. I did what Justin from (FiOS TV: Extreme HD, Internet: 50/25, Digital Voice VMS Enhanced Service: 1 server, 2 clients
Keller, TX 76248 (VHO 1) said to do unplugging everything several times to no avail, the system is very very slow. And for what we pay it is ludicrous that it is this slow. The response time for  On demand and the shows you have recorded also has a slow response. It takes forever to go through the guide to select the show you want to record. With the previous system I could set up recording for the whole week (7 days) and it only took about 5 or 6 minutes. Now with Quantum it takes 10 and that is only for 2 or 3 days, it will then freeze and you have to come out and start over again. I think this is unacceptable and Verizon needs to take their head out of the sand and get this fixed.

0 Likes
LarryR2

So, 8 pages of gripes and suggested fixes.  Has anyone ever recieved any information from Verizon, other than unplug and re-boot?

0 Likes
optivity
Contributor - Level 3

A rumor @ the DSLReports Verizon FiOS TV forum is Verizon will deploy a "major" firmware update for it's VMS/IPC1100 platforms before the end of this month.

We'll see...

0 Likes
jbouj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually a firmware update is a bandaid for this pile of junk hardware. Verizon should be embarrassed. And UP goes the prices.

0 Likes
jbouj
Enthusiast - Level 2

This Quantuum box is my thrid different box from Verizon. In my condo I had the Cisco DVR (forget the model #) and it was an incredible dissapointment since I was used to that old common motorola DVR (forget the model #). It was so slow, I called Verizon multilpe times for a fix, and then just to ask for the old motorola box, because I knew this wasn't fixable. I didn't even care if there was less DVR space. Of couse the couldn't do that/ Now the Quantum box makes me want to go back to the cisco box. At least the Cisco box didn't feel like it was made of styrofoam. Actuall the Quantum box makes me want to go get Xfinity.

0 Likes
dmize23235

same deal here...lag is VERY bad and gets worse...unplugging the main box fixes it for about 5 days but then its back to crap again....i got rid of direct tv because they lied to me about their hard ware...i will do the same to fios too...there ARE other options out there.......

quantum is the ''windows vista'' of the tv world.....LISTEN UP FIOS...YOU DON'T KEEP CUSTOMERS BY ''UPGRADING'' TO CRAP HARDWARE......

FIX THIS........YESTERDAY....

0 Likes
Shihtzumom1
It's been slow ever since Quantum upgrade. Other things are slower too.
0 Likes
actolex

Coming from Comcast.....which I hated....this is even worst !!!

I click the Info and then record.....then grab lunch...then the box responds !  **bleep**....paying so much for Quantum and I have to deal with this crap.  I can't believe I'm saying this but......I miss Comcast......strike me down now !!!

0 Likes