Re: Slow Set Top Box Responses New Fios Quantum Box
funnymercials

I've been complaining about this problem for months.  Verizon refers to it as "Latency" - I've asked for a discount on my bill.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@funnymercials wrote:

I've been complaining about this problem for months.  Verizon refers to it as "Latency" - I've asked for a discount on my bill.

With the latest software (IMG) the response should be much better.  And everyone SHOULD have it by now.  If you don't have the new software (can't mistake the different looking guide) you may have to do a cold init to get it.

COLD INIT ( lose a bunch of settings but not recordings or recordings schedule)

1. Unplug the box.  Wait about 20 seconds.
  2. Plug back in and immediately begin pressing MENU you see the word "run" on the front display
  3. Using the down arrow button, go down until you see "COLD".
  4. Press Ok and the box goes through activation process, including downloading the current IMG software.
0 Likes
VanGhoul
I have a fios DVR and standard box, bith have the newest update but still horrible slowness. Can take 10 to 30 seconds for the UI to come up.
0 Likes
pdroth
Enthusiast - Level 1

same here - really really slow.    If I type 899 as channel on the remote it can take 30 seconds for all 3 #'s to appear and change the channel.

0 Likes
atherworld

Been over  ayear, and still this nonsense.  Even tried the Cold reboot. worked (mostly) for 3 days. The slowed down even more. Then my box woudn't accept more than one number to change channel (little light would flash, but no enw numebr appeared. Sometimes the first number wouldn't appear).  After 5 minutes, it started to work right again.

0 Likes
IAM499
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had most of the same issues with the new Quantum Box. I have contacted Verizon as most of you have at the least 10 times on this issue. As with every call they state I need to unplug the box, refresh my router, unplug the additional boxes in other rooms and wait the 15/20 seconds or minutes and then plug them in. They have also sent upgrades to the DVR and boxes and each time I am spending hours putting my preface and favorites back into the boxes. And yes that does pretty much clear up the problem for about two (2) maybe three (3) days. Then I am doing it al again, over and over again. I have had a tech at the house and he put in a new outdoor switch and reset everything and of course everything worked for two (2) three (3) days and then same issues. I’ve asked for a replacement router and keep getting told it’s not the router but I can buy or rent the newer one for 10 more dollars a month (really). Finally talked them into giving me a new DVR box and guess what. Wrong still have the same issue. Now though not only do I hit the guide button 4 or fine times (waiting each time hoping the guide will come up) but now at times it will not even change the channel. And still no support on the issue. I have just had enough; I’m tired of contacting them waiting on line going through the same check and then nothing being accomplished or fixed. I started with FIOS as soon as it was available and they were a great company with great support and customer service. Now that they have grown they have become worse than Cox Communication ever was. Hate to say it, but I have one year left on the contract and it’s either back to satellite or back to cox. At lease they have people in the area to talk to and give me the satisfaction of knowing that I can complain to someone in person.  I do notice that FIOS has not shown this as a resolved issue.  ARE THEY HIDING SOMETHING, LIKE MAYBE THE BOXES WERN'T READY TO BE SENT OUT YET?

nickm2

I have been fighting this problem for months. This has to be the worst interface I have seen yet. Guess its time to start looking at  deals from Time Warner and Charter.

0 Likes
ricksterd_f
Enthusiast - Level 2

Oh my god. I find it so frustrating. I cannot wait until my commitment is over so I can go back to ComCast. This box is so frustrating. It is so slow to respond sometimes. I push the buttons and then push them again because seconds have gone by without the cable box doing anything and then all of sudden it suddenly responds to most of the commands. I see many people having this problem and the suggested solutions DO NOT WORK! According the forums even a new box will not solve the problem. You need better equipment FIOS. It is so frustrating sometimes that if I didn't take their money and commit to two years I would have changed back months ago

Cable box extremely slow to respond to remote
ricksterd_f
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am curious as I find it so frustrating if asking verizon for a new box will solve my problem? I hate to lose all the DVR recordings I haven't watched yet but I find the issue to be incredibly frustrating. I push the button nothing happens I push it again sometime multiple times without response and then all of sudden it will suddenly act on all or almost all of the presses and this makes commanding the box extremely frustrating. 

From a lot of what I've read in the forums about others experiencing this issue that it's a verizon equipement issue and replacing the box will not fix my problem. Has anyone else experienced this and have a solution?

0 Likes
slwiser
Enthusiast - Level 2

I to have this problem, any solution to this?

0 Likes